Chapter 11

Ashura and the rest of the small group are preparing to leave for the masquerade ball, which starts in about an hour.

Stella is bugging Olivia to wear a proper dress and a fitting mask. Ashura isn't too bothered. He has quite a lot of formal wear.

He looks at the tux in his hands, navy blue and white with the signature symbol of an Equlipso at the front. He likes this one quite a lot even if he doesn't show it.

He puts the suit on and tampers a bit with the bowtie. He turns to leave and wash his face, as he walks out of the tent he sees his little sister being dressed by Stella. She seems to be struggling to get away from the young woman.

Max, on the other side, is together with Brock getting ready. But the earlier encounter still has him in thought. He is sure that that was his Greninja, yet the Pokémon didn't seem to remember him, even after the battle. To his even bigger shock, Ashura lost that battle.

That white-haired man sure is a great trainer and Ashura is incredibly happy that there is such a strong opponent in this tournament.

He isn't the strongest anymore, this trainer had trained at least just as hard as he did himself. And with strong and healthy Pokémon on his team, he is an even bigger force to be reckoned with.

A powerhouse of his own, with smart and adapting tactics. Ashura smirks to himself and balls a fist, this is getting exciting and it's been a long time since he has felt this way.

He walks over to a mirror that has been set down for the purpose of getting ready for the masquerade. He decides to style his hair differently and to put on his mask to better overlook the outcome at the end.

So far everything is going smoothly, Scott is getting more information and Ashura is gathering all the pieces of evidence, but he won't be able to expose Mr. Good show until he has won the tournament and the prize money. And to not let anyone know who he really is.

The double battles will begin soon as well only the masquerade and the other event and then the actual tournament will start.

What will the event today be about? He seriously questions himself.

As time flies by Ashura waits for the rest to get ready and together they walk towards the hotel and the room, where the festivities are going to be held. Olivia walks right beside him holding his hand in her smaller one.

Her brother seems to be losing his edge and returning to the boy he once used to be and this is for the better. She muses to herself, he is finally opening up again.

They arrive at the already bustling and crowded place. So many different sights, masks and dresses to see. Their little group blends right in with the crowd. Something Ashura is grateful for.

"I'll be going to the far corner, you have fun." He quickly dismisses himself from the group and sits down on an empty seat, watching the rest make small talk and dance on the dance floor. Not everyone is here but most of the contestants are.

They are also here, he just hopes that they won't see him that soon.

"Not joining the fun?" A voice questions beside him. Ashura turns to glare at the newcomer and comes face to face with Raid, who merely smirks down at him.

Raid chuckles at the glare sent his way. "No, but it's none of your business, so leave me alone." Ashura scowls looking away.

"Hmm, no need to be rude, and I'm not leaving, too bad." The taller man hums to himself, smiling at the cold man.

Ash looks at him and then sighs, when he finally thinks he can get time on his own, this happens. He certainly caught the attention of a nuisance.

"Well anyway, you probably won't like the event later today..." Raid trails off at the end, as he looks at Mavis talking merrily with another girl around her age. He smiles at the young girl, the one who helped him find his father and become Augur of Torren.