The Second Party: Chapter 16

I just want to say, in light of Covid-19 and all the other horrible things that are going on in the world right now, I wanted to post a bit more frequently during this time to give you all something do do if you're bored. I hope you all are staying safe, don't forget to wash your hands!!

The second of October was the day the eighth years planned to have their second party and they were all gathered in the common room after dinner. A couple new people had shown up and a couple that came last time didn't come this time. Hermione was silently fuming at Dean and Seamus as they'd brought alcohol against her wishes, especially because Luna and Ginny were both there.

"I told you two not to bring alcohol, they're underage," Hermione hissed to Dean as she waved towards where Luna and Ginny sat, talking quietly between themselves.

"They can decide for themselves if they want to drink or not," Dean laughed.

"Yeah, plus Luna is actually the only one underage. She turned 17 in August, remember? And Luna's almost 17, what's the big deal?" Seamus snuck his arm around Dean's waist and Dean pulled him closer to him. They'd taken to doing so when they were talking to people or even just standing around. Hermione figured it might have to do with the fact that they didn't need to hide their relationship anymore, she smiled at them despite herself.

"Alright," Hermione sighed, realizing she'd never win, "but you two better give them some hangover potion tomorrow if they feel bad."

"No problem," Seamus gave her a thumbs up as they walked away to sit down.

"Alright, gather 'round! We've got games to play and alcohol to drink," Hermione heard Pansy's voice travel over to her from across the room and she went to sit down next to Ron.

Everyone slowly meandered over to the slowly forming circle and pansy put an empty bottle in the centre for their usual truth or dare game.

"Alright, who is going first? I went first last time, someone's got to step up!" said Pansy as soon as everyone was seated.

"I'll go," Luna spoke up and spun the bottle. The group watched as the bottle spun 'round and 'round and the game had officially begun. The bottle slowed to a stop in front of Harry. "Truth or Dare, Harry."

"Truth."

"What is something that people think you'd never do, but have?"

Harry went red at all the possibilities of answers to that question, he quickly took a shot before an answer could spill from his lips.

Harry spun next, before anyone could comment on him taking a shot, and the bottle landed on Ginny. "Truth or dare, Ginny?"

"Dare," she said with a look on her face that said she was ready for any kind of dare he threw her way.

Harry picked up one of the cups of alcohol and put it in front of her, "I dare you to drink that without using your hands."

"Easy," Ginny replied, getting down onto her knees and putting her face up to the cup. Grabbing the rim of the cup with her mouth, she tilted her head back and downed it all in one gulp, before setting it back down on the carpet.

Everyone looked at her mildly shocked and even Seamus looked a little impressed. Ginny blushed a little before spinning the bottle and it landed on Hermione.

"Truth," Hermione said, before Ginny could ask.

"What is the best compliment?"

"One on personality or something I've worked hard at, you know?" Hermione said, "Something that isn't based on looks."