#12: Anything But Subtle

Start from the beginning

"You didn't want to?"

"No." I said. "I wanted to take care of him, in his home, where he was comfortable and familiar. But it was harder on him because he when he would lose himself he would struggle remembering where anything was, and he kept recognizing things like the pictures and certain places in the house were filled with memories. Memories from when my mom was around. So it was just really hard on him. It was harder on him than it was for me, and it was difficult to sign the paperwork."

"Im sure he understands. "

"He does." I smiled. "Jin and Namjoon assure me that he understand why we did it and that he agreed it was best." I paused, my eyes filling with water, his expression changing to a concerned look. "He says he misses me."

"You visit him don't you?" He asked, scooting closer to me.

"I do. But he's never lucid when I visit. Never. The last time I talked to my father was the day that we dropped him off at the facility. He kissed me and told me he loved me, and to keep up the good work." I took in a deep breath, trying to calm myself. I was able to stop the sobbing but tears continued to fall from my eyes, which Jimin wiped away with a gentle swipe of his thumb.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered then kissed me on the tip of my nose. "That cant be easy."

"I manage." I said, then cleared my throat and taking a deep breath, exhaling. It felt good talking to someone that wasn't Namjoon or Jin about this. I refocused on his eyes and decided to change the topic. "What about you?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Why don't you do what you want to do, be successful, and show your father that not only he was wrong, but that he is proud of you no matter what line of work you are in?"

"I've thought abut it."

"You should do it."

He paused, his wheels turning. "It's scary."

"Nothing worth doing isn't a little scary." I said to him. "The thrill of it makes it all worth it. Not only that, but being successful is the cherry on top. The little I know of you I don't think you'd be willing to take the risk if you weren't going to be successful."

He leaned forward kissing me again, softly. "You are right."

"I usually am." I laughed. "Can I ask you a really personal question? You don't have to answer it if you are uncomfortable."

"What is it?"

I hesitated, unsure if it would break the peace between us, but decided that I really wanted to know. "You have made a couple of comments to me about body image and being healthy and losing the weight the right way." I started. I gauged his reaction, and I could tell that he knew where I was going with this because his thumb stopped moving against my cheek, and his hand slipped from my cheek to my neck. "What's that about?" I asked, not wanting to ask too direct of a question.

He closed his eyes, before swallowing thickly, then he opened his mouth as if to speak before shutting it again.

"You don't have to answer." I said, making him open his eyes.

"I used to hate myself." He said. "I had this image that my parent panted in my head of what perfection was, and I thought the only thing that I could control was my body. I thought that having washboard abs and perfect shape was important. I hated the way I looked so I worked out, did a lot of exercises, sometimes until I would pass out. I would go on fasting diets. Unhealthy fasting diets."

"Jimin..." I gasped not expecting that confession at all.

"I'm not anymore." He assured me. "I was able to find balance between healthy diet, healthy mind frame, and real expectations of my body. If you think I look good now, you should have seen me when I was 18. My abs were way more defined." He laughed.

"I think you are perfect the way you are right now." I said to him. It was the truth. He was very toned, very muscular, and it was clear he took pride in his appearance. "You are very handsome, and your body looks better than most people's I know. Better than mine that is for sure."

"I like your body." He was quick to say. "Is that not clear?" He raised an eye brow and pushed his pelvis into mine. His dick was hard again making me laugh.

"I didn't say that you didn't. I just said that yours is better."

"Stop saying things like that." He snapped. "Your body is perfect the way it is, you don't have to strive to look a certain way. If the purpose of your dieting is to be healthier, keep that mind frame. Don't listen to other people about what beauty is. If any man out there looks at you, and does notice how incredible and sexy you are then they are in the wrong. They are missing out, not you."

"Don't worry Jimin, my confidence is getting there." I said putting my hand on his arm. "But the praise is helping."

He chuckled and pulled me in for a kiss. "I did notice you clench around me when I praised you. Do you like being told you are a good girl?"

"I might." I said biting my lip.

He smiled then busied my lips with his. "Mmmm I love kissing you." He said in a whisper, moving to suck on the spot below my ear.

"I love it when you kiss me." I replied, trying to bite back a moan.

I felt him get even harder as he pressed against me. "Morning round?" He asked.

"Yes, please." I said, my voice needy.

After another round, that took over an hour to end, we each took a shower. Separate from each other because we didn't trust ourselves. When I pulled on my favorite cream colored spring dress, Jimin came into the room in a pair of jeans, a white tee and a flannel button up, open over the white tee. He looked great.

His hair was still a little wet, and he ran his fingers through it as he looked at the mirror in my room.

"Want to go for a walk with me?" He asked, holding up a pair of my sandals.

"Sure." I smiled. I took the sandals from him and we made our way downstairs.

Everyone was down there already, lounging. Namjoon walked over to me greeting me with a Good Morning and offering me a bowl of grapes.

"Thank you." I said.

"I saved them because I know they are your favorite."

"You are the best brother." I said kissing him on the cheek.

"Hey." I heard Jin from the couch.

"Best little brother, you're the best younger brother." I said hoping he'd accept it.

I saw him nod and snuggle back into my best friends arms. I locked eyes with Hoseok and he wiggled his eyebrows at me. "How was your night bestie."

"Oh I think we all heard how her night was." Tae laughed. Jimin threw a banana at him, which he caused with ease. "Thanks." He grinned starting to peal it.

"We are going for a walk." Jimin said, taking my hand and pulling me to the door. "Bye losers."

I giggled at the shouts behind us until the door was shut and we were making out way down to the sand. Jimin laced his fingers between mine, and I felt butterflies through my belly.

We spent a few hours walking up and down the sandy trail getting to know each other even better. It felt nice to feel his hand around mine. And like I thought, Jimin was a good person. We laughed together, and pocked fun at one another. He was so easy to talk to. So easy to be around.

I was starting to dread leaving this family reunion.

Which never happens.