The Diary

This is my story. A few don't care about it. Believing this is up to you. It all started on Friday night. Just a night back. My wife, Sarah, had gone to a club. A really famous one, I must say. My wife is a extremely hardworking woman. I've always respected her the way a man was to truly respect any woman. One must say she was lucky, though no one actually did.
We have always lived in South Shields, one of the most famous hill stations of England. Both of us loved it here. Silent, calm and snowy could be the words to describe this wonderful place.

The reason why I'm telling you this is because you've gotta believe what I say. I trust you and you better trust me as well. As I was saying, Sarah had gone to a club on Friday night. She went with her work pals. The club was around three miles away from our log house.
The time was 9:00 pm when she left the house. I remember her saying goodbye, but never expected it to be the last one. I was fast asleep by midnight, but a sudden ring on my phone woke me up.
"Hello." I spoke slowly, rubbing my eyes. There was no answer.
"Hello?" I said once again. Again there wasn't an answer. I cut the phone. Half asleep, I picked up the phone as it rang again. "Your wife's with me. If you want her back, come to the east end of Northland lake with ten thousand pounds. Place the money near the big pine tree. I know you have ten thousand at home. Better be quick." A man with a hoarse voice said and he cut the phone.

My heart started beating faster. I started panicking. "Could this be a prank?" I thought. "What if it's true? What if Sarah is kidnapped?It's twelve thirty in the middle of the night. What do I do?"
I got out of bed immediately, rushed towards the locker and collected the money. I put it in a bag and grabbed the keys of the jeep. I thought twice before starting the engines and headed off to Northland Lake.
It was a fifteen minute drive and every second, a drop of sweat seeped along my neck. I was panting, freaking out, not knowing what I had to do once I reached. The mysterious person had just told me to keep the money there. I wasn't even sure if I would get Sarah back.

Once I reached, I noticed a similar jeep like mine. The exact same color and the exact same features. "Suspicious." I thought. I remembered Sarah taking the Corolla. Wonder where it was now.
The area was completely isolated and dark. There was a distant howl of a dog.
That was the only sound I heard, along with my own breath. The large lake slowly came to sight, and there was the pine tree. It was always famous for its shape. "Maybe that's why the blackmailer chose that tree." I said to myself. I looked around. There was absolutely nobody. Not even a small hut was visible. The word 'Sarah' was stuck in my gut. I just couldn't shout it out. I didn't know what to do. Slowly starting to weep, I moved towards the pine tree.

"Where are you Sarah?" I asked myself. "Should I call the blackmailer?" I thought. I took out my phone and rang the number. His phone seemed to be switched off. "Damn!" I crunched my fingers. I felt so helpless. I just wanted to crawl up and die. "Where is my Sarah?" Tears started to roll down my cheek. I sat beside the pine tree and just went blank. The bag was still with me. "Maybe the blackmailer is nearby. That jeep might be the blackmailers'." Thoughts were just running over and over again.

I couldn't trust myself. I was stuck. No news from the blackmailer and no sign of Sarah. "Maybe Sarah is inside the jeep." I got up, leaving the money and rushed towards the road. The jeep was still there. I slowly dragged myself towards it. Shivers passed through my spine as I went closer. The windows were completely darkened. I couldn't see anything inside.
Peeping somewhat helped. The interiors were much different than that of my jeep. There was nothing in the first seats. I moved on to the next window. A chilly breeze danced up my spine. My eyes widened, leaving me gasping. There was a dark figure lying on the car floor. Before I could make sure who or what it was, I felt a heavy blow on my head. That was the last thing I remembered of that night.