Joseph Mcmillian

"James." Nick thought deeply. "Well, I don't like that deputy. Honestly, I think he isn't fit to be the deputy of this area." He said.
"I don't care who's worth of what. I need my wife back." Simon got impatient.
"Mr. Mathews, that's why I'm here. Please calm down. You should be lucky that someone took this case to their hands, because James never cared." Nick said.

Simon felt offended and stayed quiet. "Forget it now." Nick said. "Now tell me why would you leave ten thousand pounds near the pine tree? Do you even know if the blackmailer took that money?" He asked.
"I don't know about that. It's just that my wife is way more worth than that ten thousand pounds." Simon replied with a serious look.
"So if I go to Northland Lake now, do you think that bag might still be there?"
"Maybe. Someone might've took it otherwise."
"Did you see anybody when you went there?"
"No. I told you it was completely dark and empty. I barely could see a thing." Simon said.
"Were you and Sarah fine on Friday? I mean did you guys have a fight or something?" Nick asked.
"No. We were absolutely fine. I don't even remember the last time we had a fight."
Nick seemed confused. He seemed to be stuck for a moment. The detective scratched his head and said, "For now I'm done here. There's a chance I may come back here. But you've gotta do a favour for me."

Simon seemed to be surprised. "What is it?" He asked.
"Until this case is closed, you're not getting out of this house. The same will go for Joseph McMillan. If I find out that there's a connection between the cases, it'll be helpful to move forward. As for now, I've got nothing much." Nick explained and got up from his seat. "By the way, you were heading somewhere before I came?" He asked.

"Yes. I was off to the police station. As I said, I was very disappointed when James didn't show interest in the case yesterday. I would do anything to get the police on this case. If they didn't do anything, I'd force myself to take this case in my own hands. I'm glad you came." Simon got up slowly. "I trust you Nick." He weeped. "I don't know where this is going to go. I seem to have very little information but that's all I know. Please find Sarah."

Nick smiled back and left the log house. His next stop was Joseph McMillan's residence. He glanced at his watch which showed nine fifteen. Not wanting to waste any time, the detective drove the jeep as fast as he could on the zig zag road. Knowing the location of the club, Nick found it easy to get near Joseph McMillan.

He found the structure of the club fascinating. The road connecting to the club was very neat compared to the other roads nearby. There were no left or right turns which made Nick drive straight until he found a dead end. He parked the jeep to the side and got off. The young man looked around and didn't find anything that looked like a house.
He was surrounded with greenery and found no living creatures except a spider which just landed on his shoulder out of nowhere. Nick shooed it away and walked towards the dense forest thinking he might find something.

"What a place." Nick said to himself as he pushed the branches and leaves off his face. It wasn't long until he noticed a beautiful, large bungalow. "A house like this in such a location!" Nick exclaimed. "Wow." The detective rushed towards the huge structure and rang the doorbell. Nick waited for a long time sensing nobody was at home. He rang the doorbell once again and heard a voice from behind, "Excuse me?" It was a very hefty man nearing his sixties. He had a thick, whitish French beard which fascinated Nick.

"I'm Nick McAllister from the police station. Is this Joseph McMillan's residence?" The detective asked softly.
Without answering the question, the man just said, "Come in." Nick followed the hefty man inside the large bungalow. The bungalow seemed larger than Simon's residence. "Why does everybody have big houses here?" Nick thought to himself as he sat down on the brown cushion. The hefty man kept something in his room and came towards Nick. "You are a-a detective?" He asked.

"Yes." Nick replied. "And you are Mr.Joseph Macmillan?" He asked. The man looked sharply at Nick and nodded after a while.
"Well, I'm here to solve the missing case of your wife. I'm not gonna say beloved. I don't want to be mistaken sir." He giggled.
"It's good you didn't say beloved. She never was." Joseph grumbled.
Nick rolled his eyes. "You weren't at home when I arrived. Where had you gone?" He asked.

"Umm, I-I had some work." Joseph replied nervously. Nick looked at him suspiciously.
"Now Mr. McMillan, I need a brief history of you and your wife."
"History." Joseph laughed hardly. "Me and Judy got married twenty five years ago. Maybe twenty four. Not sure. We always lived a reclusive life in South Shields. In fact, we were reclusive with each other. There was absolutely no fondness between us both. We just ended up fighting every week. Sometimes I wonder why we even got married in the first place." He banged his hand.

"Good question. Why did you get married?" Nick asked, tilting his head.
"It was all related to property between me and her father many years ago. Long story."
Finding it irrelevant, Nick moved on. "You don't have kids?" He asked.
"Nope." Joseph said. "Found it useless to have them." He added with a laugh. Nick didn't like the mans' careless attitude towards his wife. "How's he even laughing at this moment?" He thought.

"So did you discuss about the case with anybody?" Nick asked.
"Never got a chance to. That stupid deputy seems so uninterested. I filed the complaint yesterday morning and someone appears today. This is complete crap." Joseph said impatiently.
"Are you calling me that sir? Because by the end of the case, you'll surely regret it." Nick smirked.
"Nah, I'm not calling you that. That comment goes to that Deputy James. Speaking of which, let me just say, Judy was one old crap woman. If you find her, tell her to live a life somewhere else. I need to breathe a little." Joseph looked down.
"What a disrespectful husband. If it wasn't for Simon Mathews' case, I think Judy must've ran away." Nick thought. "Let me tell you one thing. You've gotta chose your words wisely when you speak with a detective." He said.
"What do you mean?" The hefty man asked.
"The way you speak about your wife looks like you kidnapped or murdered her yourself." Nick stated.

'Nick tries to link Joseph McMillan and Simon Mathews and gets a shocking connection. Read the next chapter to find out.
Vote and comment!