Chapter 4

I wake up to the sound of video games and realize Mitch and Will are playing on the Playstation. "Ha! That's how it's done." Mitch screams. I blink a few times to adjust to the light. I guess Will hears me stretching and looks back at me. "Mitch you woke Sage!" Then Steph moans and gets up. "And you woke Steph!" Mitch yells. "Sorry." They both say at the same time. "You guys are cute." I say and get up and hug Will from behind.

I lean on him and eventually fall into his lap. "Good morning!" I giggle. He smothers me in kisses and slightly lifts up my shirt to place his hands on my bare waist. I sigh contently and lean into his chest. "Eww take that to the bedroom!" Mitch cringes. I laugh and kiss Will one more time before getting my phone.

I received two new messages from Chase. "Babe everything ok? You never check your phone." Will says. I nod and delete the notification, "Yes of course! I'm good, promise." I fight the temptation to unlock the damn thing and read what he said...but instead throw it on the couch. I don't want to look suspicious when I'm not really hiding anything. I sit back on Willy's lap and he holds me in his muscular grasp.

"How was your day with the girls?" "It was fine...we talked." I say. "A lot!" Steph says and makes herself a tea. I giggle, "Yes a lot." "Bout what?" Will gets closer to my face. I shrug, "Nothing much." "Probably about us what else would they talk about?" Mitch says too focused on the t.v to look at us. I roll my eyes, "Yeah maybe we did." Will snuggles into my shoulder and kisses my neck repeatedly. 

"If you guys are playing video games all day, I'm gonna go to my old apartment and sort out my shit." Steph says. "Oof sounds like you're gonna need some help." I say. She nods, "You can come if ya want...I'm not forcing you." "Her apartment is a shit hole...I'd brase myself if I were you." Mitch says. Steph huffs, "Oh come on, it's not that bad." "Whatever you say babe." He mutters. I kiss Will before untangling myself from his grasp. "We'll be back soon. My apartment is just down the street." Steph gestures the direction. I nod and we get our stuff on.

We head to Steph's car that is currently parked in the guest parking spots. "You should really tell Mitch to get you one in the garage. Your here everyday." I say and hop in the passenger seat. She laughs, "Yeah I haven't really thought of that. I haven't really thought of fully living with you guys yet either...and it's been so long now." I smile, "You should stay permanently! The condo's big enough for four!" She sighs, "Yeah and I'll get to stop paying rent for an apartment I don't really use. I'm actually mainly going to grab more clothes." I place a hand on her leg, "Well I'm always here for you. You know that." 

We pull up to a sorta run down building. Well compared to ours now, it does look kind of like the shit hole Mitch was talking about. "Alright, let's boogie!" Steph says and I follow her out of the car and up to her room. 

"The one and only 263!" She announces the room number and unlocks the door.  "Wow!" I gush, "This isn't so bad." She lets me step in first. The apartment is one big room with a short hallway that leads to I'm guessing a bedroom/washroom. The paint on the walls is peeling but the kitchen looks okay. 

"What'd ya think?" She asks and peels a loose chunk of paint off. I laugh nervously, "It really isn't so bad hun." She sighs, "I know it's terrible." I shake my head, "Let's open the curtains and turn the lights on." She nods and helps me do that. "There...see? Not so bad." She shrugs, "At least there's light now." I nod, "That's the spirit...now what did you want to sort?" She smiles and takes me to her room.

Her room is nice. Paint still peeling and furniture a bit dusty...but it's livable. "This is a box I had...actually there's a few." I help pull boxes of clothes out from under her bed. "Why aren't they in the dresser?" I ask. "When I moved in I didn't have time to unpack all my clothes." I nod, "That's okay...Let's sort them in the living room." We pick up what we can carry (Steph two and me the rest) and start out mission. 

We dump the boxes and see what's nice and what's not. "Ya know...if you new all this time that you wanted to sort through your stuff...I would have helped." I say to brighten the mood. She giggles, "I know but you were having a blast and I didn't want you to worry about me." "Steph I care about you. Please don't think that." She opens her mouth to say something but her eyes quickly dart to the window.

"What's wrong? Something's outside?" I say and spin around. "I thought I saw Chase jogging on the street." Steph says and shrugs it off, "Probably someone else." Steph's apartment isn't to high up. We can still see what's happening on the ground floor just fine. "Hold that thought." I say and huddle around the window. 

I see a guy jogging and holding the leash of a dog. A black lab to be exact. Growing up my parents had one, his name was Joey and I loved him to death. "I think your right Steph." I say. She comes over and stands beside me. "Yea. That's him." Then, as if on que, he looks right at us and waves. I dart behind the curtains and Steph calming smiles and waves back. 

"What was that all about?" She says. "Is he gone?" I ask. "Yea he's going to the park." I sigh of relief and we get back to sorting. "Are you okay?" Steph says. I nod, "Yeah it's just...he texted me again today. I didn't read the messages yet." Steph narrows her eyes, "You've got an admirer and he's not a secret at all." I feel my face getting red, "I swear I did nothing." She nods, "I know you did nothing...he just won't leave you alone." I sigh, "The only time I talked to him was when we went to that gym. That's it. Then like I said, he got my number and started randomly texting me." 

She thinks hard about this and shakes her head, "Meet up with him." I just stare at her. "Yeah. Tell him to meet you for coffee or something and talk to him." I gulp, "About what?" She rolls her eyes, "Tell him he's bothering you and you don't want to see him anymore."