Chapter 1

"That was epic! Congrats champ!" Mitch pats my helmet as we head to the locker room. We just won the game and well...I just won my first NHL game! "Thanks...but I didn't get any points." I smile. He shakes his head, "It was still fun with you there. And that first face off! You really showed that guy how it's done!" I playfully roll my eyes and start taking my equipment off. I don't mind taking off my stuff in front of the guys but when I change clothes, I make sure to in the washroom.

"Hey babe! Great game." Will walks in and kisses my cheek. "Awwe. You to!" I say and give him a hug. He takes a seat beside me and starts changing. "Sage? Are you gonna talk to the press?" Auston asks me. I shrug, "Should I? What if they don't want to hear from me? I've never done that before." I ramble. Mitch laughs, "Of course they'll wanna hear from you. First female hockey player in the biggest league. That's unheard of!" I smile nervously.

I feel a hand on my thigh and look beside me. "You got this, your a natural." Will says. I sigh, "Ok I'll walk in with you but I have to get ready no?" The guys smile at me. "Well I usually go out like this." John says and points to his hockey pants and leafs dri fit shirt. I sigh again, "Great my first hockey interview of a life time and I'm gonna be a sweaty mess." The guys chuckle and I hurry to try and make myself look presentable.

I re-tie my hair into a messy bun and change into extra leggings and cropped t-shirt I brought. I sit in my spot and wait. For what? I don't exactly know. "Will? Your up." Sheldon calls and Will blows me a kiss on his way out. I lean my head back against the wall, this is gonna be a long night. Something to think about...Sheldon Keefe was hired in place of Babs. I'm not sure why cause no one will tell me but Keefe has a good vibe.

"Sage? Your turn hun." Sheldon says and opens the locker room door for me. "Thanks." I whisper and follow him to a room. I'm guided to a long table and suddenly a wave of nervousness hits me. I look around the room at all the reporters and cameras. I'm greeted with mics shoved in my face and everyone screams over each other trying to ask questions. I keep a smile on my face and nod to one of the ladies.

"Sage Mckena, let's start off simple. How does is feel being in your first NHL game?" I take a deep breath and reply, "Umm...It was alright. I guess it was like any hockey game." She nods and the reporters scream over each other again. I nod to a guy in the back, "How can you say that when the NHL is the best league of hockey there is. Mind elaborating on that?" I gulp and scramble to answer the question that wasn't really a question. The rest of the press was a blur.

The cameras eventually had to go to commercial break and Sheldon escorts me back to the dressing room. "You did well Mckena...Mitch?" He yells through the door. I pass Mitch as I walk to my seat. "How was it baby?" Will asks. I feel a wave of nausea come over me and I run to the nearest garbage can. "Babe!" Will calls and follows me. I vomit my nerves out and Will hold back lose pieces of my hair.

"Was it really that bad?" He says. I shrug, "Not as bad as I thought." I wash my hands and face and we sit back in our spots. "It wasn't the worse thing ever but some people just have the nerve." I say frustrated. He nods, "Did you get any questions about us?" "No. Did you." He nods. "Like what." "Marriage, babies, all that drama." I huff, "Why are people so nosy!" He chuckles, "It'll get easier once all the hype is down." "I hope so." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me onto his lap. "We'll go home soon."

Literally an hour later, Sheldon does his after game spiel and finally frees us. We leave our bags in the room. Apparently our equipment will be washed by the next game. "Let's get rolling people!" Mitch says and Will and I follow his to his car.

I open the condo door and am greeted by the one and only Stephanie Lachance. "Hey guys! That was an awesome game!" She jumps and hugs all of us. "How'd you get home so fast?" I ask and start taking my shoes off. "I got a ride with the girls. They were all leaving and offered me a ride." She says.  I nod and yawn, "That's good." She smiles, "Your really tired." "Yea today was crazy." I say. "It's pretty late, why don't you catch some Z's." I laugh, "Yea." And head to mine and Will's room.

"Why do you take so long to get into bed?" I ask Will as he just starts taking his clothes off. "I like to take my time unlike you who just hops in bed with their underwear." I mean he's not wrong. I shake my head and turn the other way under the sheets. He sighs and gets in with me, hugging my torso. "Today was fun." He rests his head in the crock of my neck. I smile, "Ya think so?" "Of course. I can't wait for our away games. They'll be even better." My smile fades, "Oh. I haven't thought about that." He snuggles into me more, "Your gonna love it." "When's our first one? Where would we stay? How many do we-" "Shhh. Go to sleep." He rudely interrupts me. I playfully gasp but he's right. I wrap my arms around his waist and we fall asleep.