Dying In Your Arms Tonight Deku x Fem!Reader

Angst, something I rarely do.

Deku x Fem!Reader

Writer: Amethyst 

Y/N POV

I run behind a piece of rubble, using my mind to fling a piece of wall at the Nomu, hearing it fly to dodge it, making me sigh. I activate the sharp shields that are on my forearms and decide to run out.

As I turn, the Nomu flies into me, knocking me back. I use the edges of my shields to stop my movements and whip my head up to make eye contact with the Nomu. This Nomu is gorilla-like, it's stance very similar to how it holds itself up with its fists, which would mean they have strong legs to help boost their punches and hits, which also means overall this Nomu is gonna be tough to get around.

I weigh my options, deciding to mainly try and use telekinesis as much as possible, to keep my distance, and then last-minute try to restrain it by leading it into some type of trap. At the very least I can lure it out where I can get pros to help me, they were pretty iffy on letting a second year even come out here, to begin with.

I extend my shields a little bit, and jump onto a nearby car, the Nomu following close behind, while I flip and hop my way onto the parked cars until I have to quickly flip off, landing, and then quickly charging over to an alleyway, that cuts to where there are more objects I can throw at it.

I see a pole while I am running, and decide to whip it at the Nomu, which it deflected very easily, making me let out a shaky breath. Something heavier... Something heavier...

Then I see a big piece of a broken building, it being part metal part wood, making me smirk slightly. I rush to move out of the way, making sure it was quick enough to make the Nomu have to take a couple of seconds to change directions, before squinting my eyes. I hear the Nomu impact with the brick wall behind us, making me let out a relieved sigh.

"Y/N!" I hear a familiar voice call out, making me turn away from the Nomu, to see Deku, my boyfr- I mean best friend of two years. I smile at him, "Dek-" My eyes widen, as I feel a burning, searing pain in my abdomen, making me slowly glance down, to see the very pole I whipped at the Nomu before, sticking partially out of me. I let out panicked, short, shaky breaths.

"Y/N!" Deku yells, rushing over, while pros take after the Nomu, who had been called away. Deku makes it in front of me, while I drop to my knees, them giving out, as I feel a metallic taste in my mouth. "Hey, hey, hey!" He speaks, but I can only faintly hear him, as the pole gets taken out, making me scream. He whips his head up, seeing a pro had mistakenly used their polarity quirk on everything with magnetism.

I let out a groan, collapsing into Deku, him holding onto me. "Everything is going to be okay, trust me... You can't leave me Y/N," He lets out, as he takes his hands and supports my head with one and presses on my wound with the other. I grin up at him, the light of the flickering streetlamp making him have a halo.

No-one's POV

As Deku is about to speak, Y/N lets out a weak, shhh. "Izuku... you truly are an angel," He lets water collect in his eyes, but he keeps telling himself that his best friends, the love of his life, will make it through this. "Izuku, you were my world... For the longest time, I had these butterflies, a warm feeling in my stomach... my heart. Whenever I'd see you smile or make you laugh, they'd appear. For the longest time, I didn't know why I had those until I realized... it was because... I love you. Izuku Midoriya,"

His eyes widen, as he grins down at her, as she is paling, and blood is seeping out of her mouth faster and faster. Yet he still leans down and captures her weak, chapped lips. There was a faint taste of a sugar lip scrub she had used earlier that day, her cold lips met his soft, pure honey-scented lips.

He pulls back, as she slowly opens her eyes, them half-lidded. "I love you too. Y/N L/N," He proudly says, as she takes her shaky left hand, and makes him intertwine their hands together, the hand that was holding her wound. He tried to fight it, but it was no use when he felt her grip weaken completely.

He looks to see her eyes left open, not an ounce of life left in her usual gleeful E/C orbs. That's when a tear cascades down his cheek, then another one follows until a whole waterfall is coming out of his eyes. He lets out sobs, wails, as he holds his best friend and first lover...

After all this time... and she always loved me back.