Chapter 21: Date

Feeling the blood rushing through my veins, I slowly open the door stepping out.

''Daphne.'' Isaac's warning tone lingers in my ears, but I'm not paying attention to it.

Eyes locked with my target I move forward taking careful steps.

What I really wanna do is run into his arms, so I can feel the warmness of his skin and his familiar scent, envelope me once more. But I restrain myself.

I need to show a strong face. I can't be weak in front of him. Not after everything I learnt.

Fuck. Why does he have to be so handsome?

He stares at the car with a blank look on his face. I can sense how annoyed he is by Isaac's presence.

His eyes turn dark the moment he sees me with him, but as soon as I approach him, he seems to relax, and a soft expression takes over his features.

''Hi'' I say, standing a few steps away from him.

''Hi'' He responds, a little smile showing up on the corners of his lips.

I need to lift my head to look into his eyes and I momentarily forget to breath.

Shit. How am I supposed to be indifferent when he looks at me like that?

''I missed you.''

And there goes my soul.

I open my mouth, but no words come out. I can hear my own heartbeat and I'm pretty sure he can too. The butterflies in my stomach flatter again and what makes it even more intense, is that I know he means it. I can see it.

Fml. You are going down girl.

He chuckles slightly, the sound music to my ears. ''Red is your color.''

I look at him confused until I catch his joke, my hands go automatically to my cheeks and I feel another wave of heat rushing to them.

I must look like a tomato now. And you say you missed me?

''Yes, I do.''

Shit! Did I just say that loud?

He laughs again and I can help but smile a little.

At least I'm entertaining him.

''What are you doing h-here?'' I ask hesitant.

''I told you I'll come.''

He did that's true. After the kiss we shared he gave me his necklace and promised he'll come back. Although I didn't believe him.

''You said that before.'' I whisper looking down.

I hear him taking a deep breath. ''I know. And I intend to keep that promise, along with any other promise I'll make to you in the future.''

I snap my head speechless to what I just heard. Did he implied we will have a future together or I'm just misreading the whole situation?

Opening my mouth to speak, I get cut off by Isaac's firm voice.

''Daphne!''

I jump on my feet surprised. I thought he left.

He signals me to go closer, half of his body hanging out of the car.

I turn around ready to move, but a hand grabs my arm keeping in my place.

I look at Jackson clenching his jaw. He stares above me, eyes penetrating Isaac as if they have a mental talk.

His grip is not too tough to hurt me, just enough to prevent me from moving while I stand there, confused about what is happening.