Chapter 3: Fine

''Bultaoreune''

Fiiiiiire, fiiiiiire

God...Shut up.

I angrily tap my phone to stop the alarm.

I have to change my wake up song. It's going to give me a heart attack sooner or later. The same thought comes to my mind every morning, but I never bring myself to do it. What can I say? I'm a sucker for Suga's voice.

Grabbing my phone, I roll over my stomach and start scrolling through Instagram. After a good 20 minutes, I stumble upon a poster from Joker.

The description says that the movie was a great success, bringing more than 200 million dollars, while fans around the world dressed up like the character, not only inside the theater, but also on the streets. The movie had a great impact.

Well I can't disagree...

My mind automatic goes to yesterday's night events. I couldn't even find out his name.

My Joker.

I still remember the way he held me, the way he comforted me...how safe I felt. And those dark orbs...

Fuck. How stupid am I? ... like seriously.

For the first time in my life, I let myself relax in the presence of someone else.. someone that I like..?

Noooo don't be ridiculous Daphne. You can't like him. You don't even know his name. Besides you don't like people, at least not in that way. Relationships are not for you. Sharing feelings with someone else is not for you.

You are too insecure. Too damaged.

My phone vibrates, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Two new messages from Khloe. Well I kind of expected that. She was really scared for me, after what happened in the cinema. She kept talking about it on and on, till we got home. It took all my strength to persuade her and Kassie, not to tell anything to my mom. Honestly, I don't think I could deal with her hysteria at the moment.

I know she will bring up the topic as soon as she sees me at the university. And probably tell what happened to our friends. FML.

It's going to be a long ass day.

*

''Hey Daphne'', I turn around to see Mikaela.

''What's up?'' I ask.

''Nothing much. I had a shitty weekend'' she says with a pout on her face, while looking at the sandwiches behind the glass.

We are currently standing in line, at the university's canteen. I can see her from the corners of my eyes, thinking about her next meal. If I know her well, she already had breakfast, so this is the second or third meal of her day. What? She likes food. She is also blessed, with a metabolism that allows her to eat as much as she wants, without gaining weight.

I know. Every girl's dream.

Well I can't be jealous of her. My body works the same way. I just don't eat that much. I don't have the appetite for it.

''One black irish coffee ''. I hear my order and head to the cashier.

''I'm going to sit over there ok?'' I say to her. We still have about 15 minutes before our class begins.

Soon I see her approaching the table, holding a baguette on her hand and a bottle of water.

''So what happened?'' I ask her, taking a sip from my coffee.