Chapter 40: Kill this love

A/N: It's here 🙌 Alexa play 505 by Arctic Monkeys.

The amount of times I thought my whole existence was a walking cliché for the last few months, are probably more than I could count in my own hand.

It's absurd really if you think about it.

How fast time passes by. How everything can turn upside down in an instant.

One day you decide to go against your rules and watch that stupid movie everyone is talking about and the next one, you have fallen for a drug dealer who is driving you piece by piece to the verge of insanity.

Or at least that's how I felt watching him pressing his palms against the front of the car I was currently in. Dark hair, clenched jaw, little hoop earrings and ringed fingers, all in full display to demonstrate his anger.

Jackson fucking Wald.

You will be the death of me.

''Out I said.'' He commands in a tone harsh enough to bring shivers down my spine.

My lips part slightly to let me inhale a necessary breath in order to not pass out, while his eyes penetrate me through the glass.

''Daphne..'' Bob whispers beside me.

I can hear the distress in his voice, but when I turn to look at him his eyes are glued to the person ahead of us. Him and Jackson have never come face to face, although I've no doubt that he already knows who he is.

I mean the way he is glaring at us right now kinda gives it away.

Sensing Jackson's anger radiating through the windshield I shallow the nausea in my stomach and unbuckle my belt catching Bob's eyes.

''Don't..'' He starts obviously frightened, but I'm quick to shush him.

''It's okay.'' I say, giving him somewhat of a reassuring smile. ''Don't worry about it.''

Jackson watches the small interaction with narrowed eyes and doesn't change his position until he sees me grabbing the door handle, but Rob is fast to stop me locking the doors.

''No Daph.'' He mumbles, shaking his head.

The worry in his tone is evidence of the crazy situation we are in and honestly..how can I blame him? From his point of view, his friend is getting kidnapped by a stranger.

From my point of view...Well that's a discussion for another time.

''Bob, you need to open the door.'' I say calmly watching Jackson pacing in front of the car like an enraged bull inside an open arena.

''No. I'm not letting you go with him. Are you nuts? We are leaving.'' He answers more firmly this time starting the engine.

At the sound of the roaring car, Jackson snaps his gaze forward finding my own and I feel like someone just punched me in the heart. His eyes, the familiar warm chocolate color I grew to love, look at me almost in despair, as if he's going to combust any moment and I can't help the painful throb in the middle of my chest.

He is here.

And suddenly the exact thing I was afraid of is happening again.

The Jackson effect. He is invading my thoughts, my senses, every single part of my body. My brain screams at me to surrender. Touch him, caress his beautiful face and feel his dark locks between my fingers. Forget.

But I can't. Not this time.

Not so easy.

''And go where? He is blocking the way Rob.'' I say exhausted.