Chapter 12

I can't believe it's already Monday. I haven't had such an enjoyable weekend in such a long time, save the few arguments I had with Matteo. I changed and packed my bag. I looked at my notes and smiled. Yesterday was fun.

I put on my coat and walked out of my apartment. I looked left and saw Matteo leaving his house. "Hey, good morning. How are you doing?"

"You're a terrible human being! I watched the first season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine because it's so good. Why did you force me to watch it with you? You left me confused at the end of season two that I had to rewatch the first season!" he whined.

Wow, what a way to greet your friend and neighbour.

I burst into laughter. "And did you continue on to season two?"

"No!" he hollered. "I spent seven hours and twenty minutes watching season one. It was so enjoyable but it really irked me that I sacrificed my studying time for a show! What has become of me? What is this thing that has replaced Matteo Knight?"

"Stop being dramatic," I chuckled. As I processed his words, I stopped laughing. "Wait, did you even sleep?"

"I definitely slept later than usual," he huffed. "I slept at midnight sharp. That's two hours past my bedtime. I need to find time in between lectures to power nap. Can you believe I still have one more season to catch up?"

I shook my head.

"I'm sure you can. That's another five hours and forty minutes!" he exclaimed. "Oh Gosh, how many episodes are there to date? How much study time do I have to sacrifice? Why did I agree to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine with you?"

I shrugged. My mind drifted to the first day I was here in Manhattan. I have to start working at Devon Grey this Saturday. I'll have to juggle between work attachment and studying with Matteo. I wonder if he'll be relieved or disappointed.

He's probably neutral about it.

I wonder what it's like to work in a hospital. Watching Grey's Anatomy isn't reliable as it doesn't accurately reflect the life of a surgeon. I'm sure there won't be that many love dramas in an actual hospital setting.

Grey's Anatomy may be a medical drama but it's more like a romance drama involving medical personnel. I still love the show anyway! Who doesn't love drama? Who would be interested in watching a boring medical drama with no drama anyway?

I glanced at Matteo. I'm not going to lie. He's very handsome. It's such a pity that his pretty face had been wasted on him. He doesn't even use his charm! All he does is study. I doubt he has ever had a girlfriend. His life is too boring.

At least he has brains. He is smart, handsome, hardworking, dedicated and he knows what he wants in life. How can there be someone who is so perfect? Well, almost perfect. He still has major mood swings that can ruin a nice atmosphere.

Gosh, he sounds like a teenager going through puberty even though he's already an adult. Speaking of being an adult, how does Matteo Knight look like that even though he's mostly sitting down at home or in school? He's definitely a mesomorph.

He's not very muscular but I can see some muscle tones. You would expect Matteo to be quite fat because all he does all day is sit down and study. I doubt studying is a form of exercise so I don't see how it could contribute to his muscles.

Damn, you've got to envy mesomorphs.

Meanwhile, I'm an ectomorph. I can eat a lot and still look super skinny. I guess these are the perks of having a fast metabolism. I wonder if this still applies when I'm old. I exercise a lot too which might also contribute to how I look.