.Chapter Fifteen.

Start from the beginning

                Aeron stood up, wiping his fingers off on a napkin. He dumped his stuff, and taking one last sip of his drink, he tossed it in the trash.

                Nathan walked outside, a chill biting at him. He shivered and pulled his jacket on tighter. Aeron was unaffected by the cold, his hands shoved deep in his pockets.

                He fished a silver key out of his pocket and stuck it in the keyhole in the side of the car.

                The headlights danced and bounced around the dark as they drove away, illuminating trees in perfect circles. The sun sunk below the horizon, plunging the whole world in darkness.

                Nathan frowned. “Aeron, we’re driving the wrong way to my house.”

                “I know.”

                Worry knotted up his stomach, fear creeping up his spine. Evelyn was right. Something was really wrong here.

                His hands grasped his seat belt, the material digging into his palms. Every nerve in his body was screaming, telling him that something wasn’t right.

                His voice shook when he asked, “Where are we going?”

                Aeron didn’t reply.

                The car swerved out onto the shoulder of the road. Nathan could hear his heartbeat in his ears, fear making it beat even faster.

                “Get out of the car,” Aeron said, his voice cold. But Nathan could hear the slight tremor in his voice.

                Nathan obliged, unbuckling his seat belt with a click. His knees shaking, he got out of the car, unsure whether or not her should close the door. He opted not to.

                Aeron got out, slamming the door behind him. Teeth clenched and nostrils flared, he slammed Nathan into a tree. The rough bark of the tree dug into his back, scrapping his skin off with sharp stings.

                “What are you doing?” Nathan asked, his voice shaking but angry.

                The golden light from inside the car shone on Aeron’s face, casting elongated shadows on his face. Tears filled his eyes, making his eyes glisten.

                “What do you know?!” Aeron’s voice was hoarse, but force was put into his words.

                One arm pinned Nathan’s throat, threatening to cut off his air supply. Aeron’s other hand gripped a handful of Nathan’s shirt near the collar.

                The road was deserted, and Nathan lost hope of a car driving by and witnessing what was happening.

                “Answer me,” Aeron demanded. His arm pushed against Nathan’s windpipe and Nathan choked. Panic flooded his senses, and his face turned beet red. Aeron loosened the pressure.

                “I don’t know what you are talking about,” Nathan choked. HIs hands weakly scratched against Aeron’s arm, trying desperately to get him away.

                “Yes, you do!” A single hot tear trailed down Aeron’s face, and Nathan watched it confused. What the hell was going on?

                Nathan tried to reason with him. “Aeron, I don’t know what you’re talking about. But maybe if we just take a step back and talk…”