Chapter 16: An escape

Aichi's POV

Leon was pretty upset about what happened to Sharlene and Jillian, but that only made him more determined to stop it from happening again. After the talk, he promised to stay in Japan until we could find the rest of the eight.

We were just in time to see the match between Charlene and Jillian and Misaki and Kamui wrap up. Misaki and Kamui won their matches. "Let's call it a day shall we?" I suggested to them. They nodded.

The next day...

The ringing of my alarm clock woke me up. I had set it extra early so I could get to Card Capital in time after going to the hospital. I quickly changed and ate breakfast. "Bye mom." I yelled before heading towards the hospital.

At the hospital...

"I came to visit Toshiki Kai. He was admitted here a few days ago." I told the receptionist. She typed something into her computer before looking at me.

"I might as well tell you now. Toshiki Kai escaped from his room yesterday night." The statement left me speechless. One side of me was happy because Kai woke up. The other side was worried. Why would he escape? "I have to tell the rest." I ran off towards Card Capital.

Misaki's POV

The door to the card shop opened and I saw Aichi panting. "Kai escaped from the hospital!" He yelled. I barely had time to processed the piece of information before Aichi charged into the store and dragged me and Kamui to the hospital.

At the hospital...

"Would you like me to show you he security footage taken in his room last night?" He receptionist asked Aichi. He nodded.

She lead us into a room with a computer and a few chairs. After inserting a disk into the computer, the asked us to take a seat.

The first thing I saw on the screen was Kai's room. He was still "sleeping" in the bed. Then suddenly, Link Joker's aura surrounded him and he opened his eyes. Almost in slow motion, he got up and removed the tube in his hand without wincing. He then walked to the door, opened it, and went out.

"The doctors are still unable to find the cause of this act." The nurse informed us. Wait...can't she see the aura? By the looks on Aichi and Kamui's face, they saw it too.

Enough about that. We had other things to worry about. Like the fact that Kai had been possessed by the Void. And the fact that he is needed to finish the seal.

Kai's POV

After the other version of me left, I was left alone in the dark for awhile. Then a bright light appeared and out of it came a familiar figure.