New Captain of the Pearl

Natalia's POV

I was enjoying my peace until Barbossa and Jack started shouting. "Trim that sail!" Barbossa shouts. Jack repeats it also shouting and I groan. Seriously. "Slack windward brace and sheets!" he shouts.

"Slack windward brace and sheets!" Jack repeats.

"Haul that pallet line!" Barbossa orders.

"Haul that pallet line!" Jack says. Barbossa turns to him looking annoyed.

"What ARE you doing?" he demands emphasizing the 'are'.

"What are YOU doing?" Jack asks emphasizing the 'you'.

"No, what ARE you doing?" Barbossa shots back.

"What are YOU doing?" Jack retorts.

"No, what ARE you doing?" Barbossa repeats.

"What are YOU doing? Captain gives orders on the ship" Jack tells him.

"The captain of this ship is giving orders" Barbossa tells him.

"My ship, makes me captain" Jack states.

"They be my charts" Barbossa retorts holding them up.

"That makes you...chart man" Jack tells him and I swing on to the deck. IN between the pair.

"Stow it! The Both of you! That is an order!" I say firmly. "If you two can't settle who among you two is captain. I am taking over" I tell them firmly. "Who's with me?" I ask the crew.

"Aye!" they shout.

"This is mutiny" Jack whines.

"Yes it is, now both of you go to the captains quarters. Remain there until you can get along" I order. Pouting they leave as I take the chart from Barbossa. "I'll keep these" I state.

"Orders Captain Fox?" Gibbs asks me.

"Two degrees starboard" I tell him. He nods his head and goes to tell Mr Cotton. "Tia Huang, you're on look out until night fall" I state. He goes up into the crow nest.

(Night time)

Jack and Barbossa have come out of the captains cabin. Neither commented on my being captain and avoided each other. "Boats off the starboard side!" Jack shouts. I go stand beside my sister.

Gibbs begins loading a gun and Will stops him.  "They're not a threat to us, am I right?" he asks Tia Dalma.

"We are nothing but ghosts to them" she states.

"Is best just let them be" Barbossa states.

"Agreed" I say turning away.

"Natalia, it's out father!" Elizabeth shouts and I turn to see she's right. Our father is in one of the boats alone. "We've returned, father!" she calls.

"Father!" I shout.

"Elizabeth, Natalia we're not back" Jack tells us.

"Father!" Elizabeth and I shout. Finally getting our father's attention as he turns to us.

"Elizabeth, Natalia are you both dead?" he asks us.

"No" I tell him.

"I think I am" he states.

"NO, you can't be" Elizabeth says.

"There was this chest, you see. And a heart. At the time it seemed so important" he tells us.

"Come aboard" Elizabeth tells him. But I back away, Jack was right. We're not back, our father is dead.

"I learned that if you stab the heart, yours must take its place. Sail the seas for eternity. The Dutchman must always have a captain. Silly thing to die for" he explains.

"Someone cast a line!" Elizabeth shouts.

"Belay that" I say quietly.

"Natalia, it's father!" Elizabeth shouts at me.

"He is dead Elizabeth, best let him go in peace" I tell her gently.

"No!" she snaps glaring at me.

"Elizabeth, Natalia I'm so proud of you both" dad tells us. Elizabeth runs after him along the ship.

"She must not leave the ship!" Tia shouts.

"Father, come back with us! I won't leave you!" Elizabeth shouts. Will grabs her and holds her tight as she sobs into his chest.

"I'll give your love to your mother, shall I?" dad asks.

"Yes father" I say as a tear slips down my cheek.

"Is there a way?" Will asks Tia Dalma.

"Him at peace" she tells him.

"I'm going to retire for the night, Will you're in charge. Jack please look at the charts, maybe you'll see something we missed" I tell him. "Come sister" I say and lead her to the captains cabin. "I'm sorry I did not help you try to retrieve father. But he is now with mother" I tell her.

"We're alone now" she whimpers and I hug her tight.

"We'll always have each other, I'll never leave you sister" I tell her.

"But you're Captain Fox, you belong out on the see. Not stuck on land" she tells me.

"I have yet to make that decision" I tell her. "But if I choose the sea, I will always return to you. We'll write to each other always" I state. "Now lets sleep" I add and she agrees.

(Next day)

I'm sitting on the railing of the helm looking at the endless ocean. Jack is studying the charts as instructed. Elizabeth is still below deck. "You think Jack will find the answer?" Barbossa asks me.

"He thinks differently to all of us, maybe his crazy mind. Is what we need to find our way home before sunset" I tell him.

"UP! Oh, what's that?" Jack shouts running to the side of the ship. We all look at him confused. I hop off the railing. Elizabeth appears and heads over to Jack with Will & Gibbs.

"Where?" Elizabeth asks Jack.

"There!" he shouts running to the other end of the ship. Barbossa and I look at the charts.

"Aye, he's onto it" I say smiling. "Barbossa, you know what to do" I tell him after he puts Ragetti's eye back in. He nods his head and runs below deck. While the rest of us run from one side of the ship to the other. When he returns, he joins us.

We grab onto the railing. As slowly, the Pearl turns upside down in the water. "Now up is down" Jack says before we plunge into the water. We all hold our breaths. As the sun sets, a green flash is seen and the boat pops back into the real world.

We cough as we stand up. "Blessed sweet westerlies, we're back!" Gibbs shouts.

"It's sunrise" Elizabeth states. Jack, Will, Elizabeth, and Barbossa all pull guns on each other; Jack the monkey points a gun at Cotton's parrot. I point my two at Barbossa and Jack. After a stand off, we discover the powder it wet. We go back to the charts.

"There's a freshwater spring on this island. We can resupply there, and get back to shooting each other later" Will states pointing to an island.

"Good, Jack and Barbossa will lead the shore party. There'll be no arguments there" I tell them.

"As you wish Captain Fox" Barbossa says bowing.

"Will, Gibbs, Elizabeth, and I will stay  here. With Tai Huang and half his men. The other half along with Pintel, Ragetti, Cotton, Marty will go with Jack and Barbossa ashore" I order. They split up and the shore party leave. "How did you know about the fresh water spring Will?" I ask him once they left.

"Sao Feng told me" he answers. Suddenly I'm grabbed from behind and bond in chains. Along with Elizabeth and Gibbs. As Sao Feng appeared on his ship. "Sorry Captain, but I need the Pearl" he states.

A/N

Picture above of Governor Swann in Davy Jones Locker.