MAY

Dear MAY

I need you to know I don't hate you. And honestly I can't believe that you continue to believe everyone else over me. That proves to me that you never really trusted me to begin with. If you did you wouldn't let the lies that spill from others mouths poison your ears. And I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not angry because I most certainly am. I have every right to be. I have done nothing but try and tell the truth and do right by you even when I know I messed up. I was honest even when I knew I was wrong. You on the other hand did nothing but lie. I gave you the benefit of the doubt every time even after you gave me every reason not to. Even now I would never believe something that didn't come out of your own mouth and maybe that's my fault. Maybe I put too much time and energy into you that you didn't deserve. I'm not doing it anymore. I'm done putting all myself into someone who obviously doesn't care. I could be putting all that energy into myself but instead I waste it on you. Not anymore.

I wanna say I regret getting involved with you. But that wouldn't be true. I do wish that I wasn't so naive because then I would have seen you for what you are. I wouldn't have allowed you to take advantage of me the way you did. But through all that pain and heartache I learned to love me. I learned that sometimes you can't forgive everyone just because they say they're sorry. Sorry doesn't fix the problem. It's meaningless if you don't intend to change and you never did. There's still so much I could say but I've spent too much time on you already, but you should know that I'm not in love with you anymore. So goodbye forever I'm done.

~Elijah Lightwood