2.

Chapter Two
First Day

I woke to the sound of my alarm. A horrible beeping sound, that seemed to get louder by the minute. Frustrated I tapped my hand along the bedside table trying to find the alarm clock. I found it, only to push it off the bedside table.

"Damn." I groaned, sitting up. As I tried to reach the still beeping alarm clock off the ground I lose my balance and fall, hitting the ground. Hard.

"Ouch." I said, rubbing my eyes. I so wanted to go back to bed.

"Elena, you awa...what are you doing on the ground?" Jasper asked confused. He tilted his head to one side as if studying me, before bursting out laughing.

"Morning to you too." I said with a yawn, I was not a morning person. Jasper was still laughing.

"Elena...you fell out of bed!" he chortled.

"Ha ha ha, laugh all you want." I said standing up stumbling over my bed cover.

"Bloody hell." I cursed.

"Language Elena." Xavier's teasing voice drifted into my room before he too appeared in my doorway.

"What is this, meet at 6:30 in Elena's room and wake her up!" I grumbled.

"It's actually 7:30." Xavier said picking up the alarm and showing me the time.

"Shi...sugar." I started seeing Xavier's look. I looked at my brothers properly and realising now that they were both fully dressed.

"Give me 15 minutes." I said pushing Xavier and Jasper out the door. I could hear the laughter in the hallway. I smiled, it had been some time since I had heard either of them laugh.

True to my word, fifteen minutes later I was dressed and racing down the stair, almost falling down them.

"Great." I mumbled quietly to myself, I just had to be the biggest klutz I knew.

"Morning, Elena." Mary's chirpy voice called out as I entered the kitchen. She seemed to be busy cooking something as wondrous smells were driving from the pot.

"Morning Mary, where is everyone?" I asked, looking around. It seemed awfully quiet, especially a house were seven people lived, well now ten with us.

"John and Andrew are at work already, and everyone else is already outside, waiting for you..." Mary said before stopping as she saw my face expression of horror. "Oh don't worry sweetie they had their breakfast and just decided to go outside and enjoy the sunshine." I smile with relief; I did not want to make a bad impression on my very first day here, especially after accepting us and being so generous and kind, more than anyone had been to my brothers and I in the last few years.

"Here's money for lunch. Now you have a good day okay?" Mary said as she led me to the door. She gave me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. Tears threatened to fall. It felt so strange for someone for once to care about me, someone else to 'mother' my brothers and me. I used to having to look after everything and be the 'mother' to my brothers.

"Hey look who it is, Miss Sleepyhead." One of the twins called out, probably Ashton. The others turned around as I walked up to them, "Oh shut up" I said and playfully punched him. "Ow" he mocked. I rolled my eyes. Boys. They were all the same, but I strangely felt like I've known them forever.

"Ready to go, Elena?" Gabriel asked. "We're dropping Hannah and Jasper at their schools. They are right next to each other." He added after seeing my confused expression. I nodded, "Thanks!"

The four of us got into one of the cars while the twins and Xavier into another. As we drove I chatted with Hannah. She was quite the talker, talking nonstop the whole 8 minutes, (yes I counted). She waved us goodbye as we dropped her off. Gabriel nodded at her, and she was gone, swallowed by the crowd that surrounded her.