Returning Home

Sorry I haven't updated for a while but I've been really busy with school. But since Covid 19 has affected my day to day school schedule, I had lots of time to write another chapter 

--Rukhsanna xoxo

After the whole almost kiss with Dimitri, Dimitri told me and Eddie that we would be returning to St. Vladimir's the following day. I still couldn't believe it. Why was our trip being cancelled so early? I couldn't imagine headmistress Kirova being happy about us returning early. 

"I'm so glad that we're leaving tomorrow. I really miss Vicktoria," Eddie said with a smile. I was happy that he felt such a connection with Vicktoria. I was worried about him shutting himself off from everyone because of what happened with Mason, but he didn't let it change who he was. 

"I'm excited to get back to Lissa. I don't trust any of the guardians at St. Vladimir to actually protect her. Some of them are completely useless." 

A couple hours later, Eddie and I decided that we should get some sleep due to having to wake up at four in the morning to catch the plane. We had already been up later than Dimitri had wanted. 

In the morning, I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I could barely reply from exhaustion. My eyes were puffy and watery from being tired. After a minute of knocking, my door opened with Dimitri standing in the door way. 

"Rose?" He whispered, not wanting to jolt me awake. Probably hoping him using a soft tone will help me be less grumpy. It's not my fault I'm not a morning person; of anything it's the academy's for making me get up so early every morning. Dimitri walked over to my bed and chuckled when he saw me not able to keep my eyes open. "We're leaving in half an hour. I let you sleep due to you and Eddie staying up late." 

I yawned and stretched my body. "Thanks, comrade," I said groggily. 

Luckily I had packed the night before so all I had to brush my hair, teeth, and get dressed. However, the only thing I did to get dressed was throw a sweater over my pajama top. 

Half an hour later, I was ready in the lobby along with Dimitri and Eddie. Surprisingly, Dimitri was wide awake but me and Eddie practically looked dead. Sometimes I wonder how Dimitri could live and thrive off such little amounts of sleep. If I got the amount of sleep he got, I probably would have a mental breakdown and refuse to go to classes. Then again, I am a teenager which means by body needs more sleep than an adult so it can grow. 

On the way to the airport, both Eddie and I snuggled up together and slept. Someone seeing us might think we're together but Eddie is more of a brother if anything. 

Luckily, there were no issues at the airport like there was last time regarding my shavers. I still couldn't believe that had happened. 

"Rose, you'll be sitting with me this time. I couldn't get seats close together and I figured Rose would be a better fit for the window seat than you, Eddie," Dimitri informed us. I didn't care who I was sitting beside because the entire way back to the academy, I was planning on sleeping. I didn't want to socialize whatsoever. 

I snuggled up in my seat while eating breakfast which was delivered to us in the plane because it was so early. Dimitri was eating as well but while he was eating, he was reading another western book. He reads so many of those that I'm surprised that he hasn't ran out of options. 

The plane ride went by in a flash, and soon enough we were driving through the gates of St. Vladimir academy. I smiled. Finally I was home. I could see Lissa and not being anxious about something happening to her. Looking over at Eddie, I could see him eager to get out of the car; he's super excited to see Vicktoria as am I. 

"Thanks the lord!" I sighed dramatically as I stretched my legs after getting out of the car. I saw Eddie role his eyes with a smile on his face before he headed to the back of the SUV to get our luggage. 

Dimitri handed me my suitcase. "We need to talk before you head back to your dorm," he said almost firmly. Oh, great. Dimitri was in guardian mode. I sighed nodding my head. There was no point in arguing with Dimitri. "Now that we're back at the academy, I expect you to be on your best behaviour. You're on very thin ice with headmistress Kirova and other teachers here. If you act the way you did before the trip, I have the feeling Kirova won't be gifting you anymore chances. This is your last cja ce to show that you are the right fit to be Vasilissa's guardian. Do you understand?" Dimirri said, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yes. Now, enough of that intense guardian crap," I said jokingly but Dimitri didn't seem to appreciate it. "Anyways, I got places to be and people to see," I said, rushing off to find Lissa. 

Eddie's POV 

As soon as I dropped my luggage off at my dorm, I was racing to Vicktoria's dorm to see her. I was so excited. She meant everything to me even though I've only known her for about a month. 

Once I arrived, I knocked on her door. It swung open, revealing Vicktoria in a long shirt without any pants on underneath. I instantly swung my arms around her picking her up, twirling her around. She giggled in my ear of happiness. 

"I missed you so much, Vik," I said beginning to kiss all over her face as she continued to giggle. 

"I missed you to Eddie." 

And then our lips attached as she led me over to her bed. No other woman has had this kind of affect as she has. She makes me want to do things that I know I shouldn't be doing. 

"I should be asking you how your 'trip' went but this is great too," she laughed while I kissed her neck. 

After a couple minutes of a makeout session, she sat on my lap and told me about the attack that had happened. I hated seeing her upset. I could tell by the way her body became tense and her eyes water that the strigoi had traumatized her. I wish to God I was here so I could have supported her. But, this will have to do. She also explained to me that she almost went home due to being so upset but somehow Dimitri had talked her out of it. I will forever be grateful for that. I couldn't imagine life at the academy without her anymore.