Small Kisses

I woke up to someone shaking me. I groaned and tried to move away from the hands.

"Rose! Get the fuck up before I get a pale of water and dump it all over you," Liam threatend.

I sat up instantly, pushing the hair away from my face. "Shut up, Liam. What time is it?" I asked him, noticing it was still dark out.

"Six am," he replied, rolling up his sleeping bag.

I gasped. "Why the hell are we awake?" I yelled angrily. "We don't have to be up this early!" I informed him but he continued to pack. "Don't ignore me!" I yelled.

He rolled his eyes. "The sooner we leave. The sooner we get back."

I smirked. "And the sooner you get to see Julia," I laughed. He glared at me but it only made me laugh more. "I'm going back to bed," I said, laying back down.

"No, you're not. I will pull you out of that sleeping bag if I need to," he said, beginning to come closer to where I laid.

I put my hands up in defeat. "Alright, alright! I'm up but don't expect nothing bad to happen today."

The trip back took about six hours. We practically fought the whole way; mainly about directions which he was almost always right about. The guy was a genius when it came to maps and directions. Along the way we stopped to take a couple breaks but mainly kept going.

"The first group to arrive, safe and sound!" Guardian Bender clapped. I was in no mood to celebrate. I was exhausted and smelt like ass.

"That's because he made us get up at six!" I accusingly pointed at Liam. He just winked at me and walked away. "Where's Guardian Belikov?" I asked looking around and not seeing him.

"He should be here pretty soon. One of the groups ran into trouble with a snake so he went out there and a doctor to check out the situation." Guardian Bender explained.

My jaw dropped. "A snake? Who's hurt? Are they okay?" I started to panic, thinking it was Eddie.

"Don't worry, he's fine. I'm sure if I said his name you wouldn't even know him. But he was with your novice peer Eddie. Eddie is quite the hero." And then Guardian Bender walked away. I wonder how Eddie helped the guy. It's not like we were taught at school how to treat a snake bite. Especially when there aren't any dangerous ones in the area.

I threw my things in a pile and filled my water. My throat was hurting because of how thirsty I was. About half an hour later I saw Dimitri assisting one of the novices walk. He must be the guy that got the snake bite. I rushed over to them to see if there was any serious damage.

"Rose!" Eddie said, happily. He swung his arms around me to give me a hug. I was a little preoccupied with the novice Dimitri was helping though. Eddie noticed. "Don't worry. It was just a rattlesnake. No real damage if you get treatment right away." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Phew. That would've sucked if it had been a more dangerous snake; like a cobra."

Eddie laughed. "Rose, I'm pretty sure there aren't any cobra's around here." I rolled my eyes.

A bunch of other doctors came and took the novice away from Dimitri. Dimitri then headed over to see me. "Rose, I trust the rest of your hike went well," he said so formally. Dimitri was so boring when he talked so formally.

"Liam's a bit annoying but overall it went fine," I shrugged my shoulders. "However, it could've been better if we didn't have to sleep in tents," I complained.

Dimitri ignored my comment. "Get ready to go. We're heading back to the hotel in five minutes," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why are we leaving so suddenly. I don't mind at all but why?" I questioned, feeling like there was something Dimitri wasn't telling me. I know when Dimitri is not telling me something; I can read him like a book.

"We will talk once we get back to the hotel. It's better there." My stomach sank.

"Is Lissa okay?" I quickly asked.

"No one is hurt and yes, Lisa's fine," Dimitri nods and then begins to walk towards a vehicle with Guardian Cameron sitting in the driver's seat.

As I was about to walk to the vehicle with Eddie, I stopped and heard commotion coming from behind one of the buildings. I grabbed Eddie's hands for him to stop moving and told him to be quiet.

"Rose," Eddie began but I shushed him.

"Did that fucker touch you?" I heard Liam's voice.

"No! Stop yelling at me!" I heard the voice of Julia. "You're always yelling at me and telling me and telling me what to do!" Julia some what yelled back.

I felt Eddie grab my arm. "This is none of our business. Come on," he said, practically dragging me towards the vehicle.

I really wanted to know what was happening with Julia and Liam. It really wasn't any of my business but that's never stopped me from snooping before.

I climbed in the back of the SUV with Eddie. Dimitri and Guardian Cameron were chatting about different types of weapons.

Viktoria

I heard from Dimitri that they would be back at St. Vladimir's in two days. Apparently Rose and Eddie didn't know they were coming back.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Vik," the sweet sound of Eddie's voice rang through my ears. I smiled and sat down on my bed.

"Eddie!" I practically squealed. "I can't wait to see you!"

"Dimitri just told us we'll be leaving tomorrow. And when I get back, I'm going to kiss those soft lips of yours," he said, making my cheeks go red.

"Yeah-umm, I can't wait to see, too," I said not knowing how to respond to Eddie.

Rose

"Why are we going back tomorrow? We still have two weeks of our trip left?" I asked Dimitri while sitting in his room.

"Well, headmistress Kirova said that she needed me there so insure the princess's safety because of the recent attack on the school," Dimitri explained.

"That's literally what I've been saying all along! Before we left, I told you guys that Lisa needed our help. But no, no one ever listens to Rose because Rose never knows what she's talking about," I said sarcastically.

"We had to leave due to your behaviour. If you hadn't acted the way you did, we wouldn't be here," Dimitri said a little harshly back. "Anyways, you should get to sleep; we have a big day tomorrow."

I nodded my head and then I yawned. "Sleeping in a tent makes me so tired. I'm never going camping again."

Dimitri suddenly walked up to me and touched my hair. He let out a chuckle and revealed a lead in his hand. "This was in you hair, Roza," he continued to chuckle. I smiled.

Our eyes connected and I began to lean in. His hand went up to my cheek and stroked it. He then put a strand of my hair behind my ears. I stepped closer until our chests were touching.

"Roza," Dimitri said trying to get away but I held onto him. I stood up on my tippy toes and kissed him. It was a quick kiss but it still made my heart flutter.

"We can't," he said.

"I know." And then I left the room.

If only I could be with Dimitri.