4

A silence washed over the boys as they walked to a nearby restaurant, Yoongi matching every step the long legged Jungkook took. By the time they got to the late night barbecue joint, he was out of breath.

"Why does it sound like you've just run a marathon?" Jungkook asked, opening the door for Yoongi.

"You walk so friggen fast," Yoongi panted as he found a table for them. He took the chair and let the boy take the booth.

Jungkook flagged down a server, ordering an abundance of food Yoongi was sure would go to waste. But he kept quiet. A deal was a deal.

"So," Jungkook started after finishing with the server, "your name is Yoongi, right?"

"Yup."

"And how old are you?" The boy asked, leaning back in his seat as he appraised his comrade.

Yoongi sighed. "Old enough to know better."

A smile formed on Jungkook's lips. "Eh, there's no age for that. So let me guess. Twenty three?"

"Twenty seven," Yoongi corrected with a frown. Yeah, he should definitely be smart enough to know better.

"Wow, my fake boyfriend is old," Jungkook teased, his smile widening to reveal sparkly white teeth. "You've got five years on me, man."

Yoongi balked at his young companion, redness warming his cheeks. How pathetic did he look to this kid right now?

"Are you even out of school yet?" Yoongi questioned, wanting to do anything to get the attention off of him for a moment.

Jungkook dipped his chin proudly. "I graduated a few months ago. I studied art, to the dismay of my family, and I'm interning at a gallery right now."

"Good for you, kid. That's pretty cool," the elder remarked, resting his hands on the table. He picked up his napkin and started fiddling with it.

"I'm no kid, baby."

A sigh escaped Yoongi's mouth. "You can drop the whole baby thing now, Jungkook. No one is around."

Jungkook leaned forward, his face uncomfortably close. "Well, what if I like calling you baby?"

"Well, too bad," the elder said through gritted teeth as he pushed back in his chair. "I don't like it."

"You'll grow to like it," Jungkook challenged with a cocky eyebrow raise. "Anyway, enough of debate club for now. Tell me about the guy. You know, the guy we were making jealous."

"I don't want to talk about Jimin," Yoongi snapped, his tone a warning to not push the subject.

Where others would have shrunk at the elder's intensity, Jungkook just gnawed on his bottom lip. "That bad, huh?"

"Can we please just leave it be?"

"What I don't get," the younger persisted, ignoring the angry glare Yoongi threw his way, "is why you two broke up. You clearly aren't over it. And that Jimin guy looked like he was ready to beg to get you back."

Yoongi's jaw slackened at that statement. "What makes you say that?"

A devious twinkle shone in Jungkook's eyes. "You don't want to talk about him, so I won't torture you."

"Jungkook."

"Baby."

Yoongi had enough of whatever this was. Exhaustion and annoyance were weighing heavily on his shoulders and his bed was calling his name. He retrieved his wallet from his pocket and started counting out money.