"You should rest." he responded with a cold tone in his voice.

Elga kept quiet and sat on a chair.

*Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to prepare breakfast for them.*

She had second thoughts now there were some negative reactions. In the first place she didn't know why she wanted to make something for them that much. Maybe it's because she was feeling gratitude for their hospitality or even it's due to her yearning to be a part of their family even for a few days. She knew something like that was impossible as she was a stranger but yet she wanted to make a try and fulfill this blank space inside her heart.

Law observed the girl while drinking his black, bitter coffee as her mood changed to a gloomy one. Then some red spots all over her hands caught his attention.

*They are scalds. That idiot...*

He thought he might had been a bit too abrupt on her so he took one slice of her cake and put it on his plate as an action to show that he appreciates her efforts.

"Uhm, I thought you didn't like bread or this kind of food." the white polar bear commented.

The young boy didn't say anything in response but finished his slice and stood up drinking the last sip from his cup.

"Don't you think, you should head for work now? You will be late." the younger boy said checking on the clock.

The two cousins and Bepo stood up too from their chairs and took their bags that where laying on the kitchen's floor all this time.

"Time flies so fast when we are with you Elga-chaaaaan~", Shachi replied, placing his shoulder around the girl's neck.

Law felt Shachi's strange intimacy towards the girl getting on his nerves.

"Shachi-ya, you don't want to get a remark again from your boss."

"Ahh, you are right Law! I should hurry!" he answered and rushed to exit the house.

"Goodbye Elga-chan!", both Shachi and Penguin said.

"Have a nice day guys!" she responded.

Bepo took his own bag and walked towards the door to get out of the house but a thought crossed his mind.

"Uhm, Law? Won't you go to the work today?"

"I will start a bit later. I have something to do first." he replied.

"Alright! Goodbye Elga-chan and thank you for the breakfast!"

"You are welcome!" the girl answered smiling.

"Well kids, I'm going to head for my inventions! I've got some nice ideas today!" Volff said leaving his plate on the sink.

"Don't destroy the whole place again Mister Junk.", Law commented putting a smirk on his lips.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! It's Genius inventor Volff! Ahh, these kids today..." he complained as he distanced himself from the room, murmuring some things about the new generation and that young teenagers lack of respect.

Finally, Law was left alone with the girl.

Elga got up from her seat and started picking the plates from the table so as to wash them afterwards.

"There is no need to do this. You still haven't recovered from the surgery and I won't gonna sew you up back if the stiches open."

"I just wanted to thank you." the girl answered lowering her head.

"I told you it was give and take. You don't owe me or them something." he replied rubbing his eyes from tiredness for having to explain this to her for once again.

The girl stood silent and stopped tidying up the place.

"Moreover look what you did to your hands." the young doctor continued holding her hands and showing them to her.

"Was it that worthy to get all of these burns or a twisted ankle? How clumsy can you get?" he added sighing.

"Do you think I will keep being nonresistant to your admonishments for a long time? I did what I felt I should do and don't get so touchy about my injuries as I survived worse. I never asked you to care about me in the first place and I wanted to show kindness." she said looking him direct in the eyes with a serious expression.

Law hadn't seen this side of the girl till now and didn't expect her response. He kept observing her arsey expression on her face with interest. He kind of liked this reply and reaction because it showed that she wasn't a passive little girl who didn't stand a chance of living alone inside this world. Maybe the fact that he found her in a helpless state or that she was kind to them didn't mean she was weak too.

"Go to work already." she interrupted his thoughts.

Now was Law's time to get irritated and grabbed his bag.

"Don't order me around! I will go when I want to!" he replied and walked with big steps outside of the house shutting the door behind him.

Elga went near the window to watch him leave.

"Idiot..." she murmured to herself and left to continue what she started to do previously.

On the other side, the boy, after riding his bicycle, turned his head to give a last glance on the kitchen's window.

"Idiot..." he muttered to himself too and left for work.