5

i thought i had it all figured out, but i was wrong. honestly lately i've been more confused than ever. what am i missing? what the hell is going on?

i got a call from bokuto days ago, after the drag show that they went to. he seemed confused and asked me many questions such as "did you and kenma get into a fight?" and "have you even talked to him lately?". i had no answers to any of these question simply because... i don't feel like i have done anything wrong.

apparently kenma went to the drag show, the problem was that he went alone. not with bokuto and akaashi, he did not even tell me, he was there alone, front row. at least that is what bokuto told me.

"are you gonna finish that?", kenma's voice shook me out of my thoughts. he looks like he usually does, perhaps his skin is a tad more clear, or maybe his hair looks more bouncy than ever, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

i push my cake towards him, no appetite, i'm too anxious of making a mistake again. "no, you can have it... say, why are we here, more specifically, how are we here?"

"what do you mean?", he asks me, an innocent smile plays on his lips. i can't stop looking at him, there is something incredibly alluring about him.

"this cafe has limited access," i say "as far as i am concerned you have to have a pretty girls' recommendation in order to get in"

"i am the pretty girl", kenma says bluntly to which i explode with laughter.

"kenma, you're not a girl. i have known you for years, i think i would know if you were a girl" i continue laughing, but kenma is simply staring at me.

"... why didn't you want to come to the drag show?" he suddenly asks before putting another bite of cake into his mouth.

"not my thing... i don't understand why any man would want to dress up as a girl?" i can't lie, that's what i think. every one can have an opinion, right? but for some reason when i look at kenma i feel guilt and pain, he looks hurt.

"what if one of your friends liked that?" he keeps on asking questions, why is he so curious about all this?

"i don't know... i would have to see how i feel like when it happens." i scoff. can't imagine any of my friends doing that. "you keep on asking these questions, i might start thinking that you like doing drag"

kenma let's out a chuckle before standing up and excusing himself to the bathroom. i am left alone by the table. this cafe is incredibly tacky, to be honest. bright colors, cute decorations, it does seem like something kenma might like, after all, he likes pastel colors - yet i still cannot fathom why he would come here. the owner and waiters seem to know him, but he never talked about this before.

it is starting to seem like kenma is a puzzle set and just when i think i have put him all together, i notice that i am missing a few pieces.

in all years of being his friend, i never thought that i would come to a conclusion that there are things i am not aware of about my best friend - but i am determined and i will find out.