2

before...

"kenma! wait up!", i yelled as i fastened my pace. no running in the hallways as the principal says, but how else am i supposed to catch up to kenma? he may be small, but he's too fast, especially when he has headphones on.

he turned to me with a confused look on his face, barely gripping his books. it seemed like they will drop any second now. his golden eyes sparkled in the sunlight and i found myself stopping dead in my tracks.

a beauty.

"what is it?", he asked softly, his voice bouncing off the walls and echoing in my head.

"i just wanted to catch up to you. let's go to class together" i smiled, trying to hide my blushing cheeks with my hand, kenma doesn't need to know how i feel. not yet.

"...okay? oh, did you read the assignment? because i kinda played too much yesterday and forgot to read it" kenma sighed, his hands still gripping the books which were on the verge of falling. i took it upon myself to take them from his grip, a gesture he returned with a smile. "thanks"

"yeah i did read it. wall of fire rising, i think it's called. a weird story indeed", i recalled the story which i was so disinterested in, a man, a kid, a woman. them being unhappy with their life, the kid being a dumbass and the guy jumping out of the hot air balloon to feel free... complicated stuff.

"if the professor asks anything, you answer" kenma smiled once again and i felt as if a bunch of butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

why must he be so adorable?

who allowed this?

as we stepped into the auditorium and found our seats, kenma turned to me with a curious look. "you've been weird these past days", he said.

"how so?", i wondered, i could not have showed my feelings too much, right? i'm way too good at hiding them.

"don't know... but anyway, wanna go shopping with me?", how and why would i refuse him? i nodded slightly as to not attract the attention of the professor who just walked in. i saw kenma chuckle and focus his eyes on the material in front of him.

his side profile was stunning, but i should probably stop staring.

.
.
.
.
.

This fanfic will have some time jumps, just so you know. The chapters won't be long, at least not for now.

Hope you enjoyed!

Hatari.