Chapter 26 - Read My Mind

It's the next day, and you wake up to the smell of McDonald's fries.

That's weird. It's only 9am. Kinda early for fries.

You sit up slowly and look around, spotting Zak sitting at his counter. He's making a thumbnail and eating, you guessed it, fries.

He hears you moving around and turns to face your way, a smile lighting up his face. "You're awake! Good morning!"

"Morning," you croak out, voice scratchy since it's the first time you've spoken that day. "What video you working on?"

"I gave 1000 dollars to another kid for shifting the longest haha."

You stretch your arms lazily and move your hair away from your face. "Well that doesn't seem too hard."

"No, I guess not. I just like giving people stuff though. So I don't mind." He bites into a fry, still focused on his laptop.

You tap the arm of the couch impatiently as the smell gets stronger and stronger. You're really starting to crave those fries.

That looks good. No wait. I can make the text a bit bigger. That's about-

"Are you gonna give me a fry or what?!" You exclaim.

Zak looks over at you to see that you're sitting all the way up, waiting for him. "Oh, sorry! I didn't know you wanted one so bad! You can just have the rest, I've probably eaten wayyy too many."

You laugh as he brings over the bag full of them. You take the bag from him while he grabs his computer off the counter and comes to sit next to you.

As you're enjoying your first taste of the McDonald's salty goodness, he leans his body over so you can see the screen. "Look good?"

I hope she likes it. Although now that I look at it from this angle that filter is kinda aggressive.

"The filter is a bit much I think. But I like the layout! It looks very...you."

"Wow, you just read my mind. Thanks Y/n."

You gulp nervously. "I-I what?"

Skeppy tilts his head. "Huh?"

"Uh, nothing nevermind."