Chapter 24 - I love you, but

Skeppy POV

After packing gathering all of our stuff from the room, the hospital people help me get Y/n situated into the car.

It's very difficult considering she isn't supposed to move much at all. They gave me a bag full of meds that she has to take at specific times throughout the day, but I'm not very good at keeping track of time.

I guess I'll have to fix that.

A car pulls up beside us and a familiar face steps out, handing me a Wingstop bag. My arm falters at it's weight.

"Sheesh Dream, how much did you order? And I told you not to get me anything..."

Dream laughs. "It's not really that much. Just a bunch of different things. Did you really think I was gonna get you nothing? What kind of a friend would I be then?"

He looks over an Y/n sitting in the car, waiting for me to start driving her home. "That's your girlfriend, huh?"

I nod. "Yeah. Wanna meet her?"

"Of course! She looks very nice. I hope you picked a good one."

"Oh, I did."

We walk over to the passenger side of the car and Y/n rolls down her window. She's blushing.

"Hi Dream! Nice to meet you. I'm Y/n."

"Hey, nice to meet you too! I assume you watch my videos, cuz you already know who I am."

"Of course I watch your videos! They're sooo creative and funny. I could never come up with such good ideas. And the editing makes everything seem so intense, even though it's only Minecraft. But yeah, you're awesome!" She's smiling, almost wider than she was when I came to get her from the hospital. And she's still blushing.

It's whatever Zak. At the end of the day she's your girlfriend, not his. No need to be jealous. Dream is your friend. He would never do anything. Right?

"Well, I do spend a lot of time on them. I'm glad people like them, especially you. Maybe you could be in one sometime..."

Y/n nods enthusiastically. "That would be so cool, I would lov-"

"Okayyy Y/n you're probably super tired we should get you home. Thanks for the food Dream I will see you around."

I head over to the driver's seat quickly, wanting to leave as fast as we can. I catch a glimpse of Dream's shocked face as I walk around the car.

Y/n hasn't even been in one if my videos yet. How can she be in one of his?

I get into the car, visibly angry. As I'm doing so, I see Y/n take her phone back from Dream and roll up the window.

"Y/n, what was that?"

"Dream was just giving me his number so we could set up a time to make a video! It's gonna be so fun!"

I clench a fist. "Well. You can't be out of bed for two days anyway. And you know who's gonna be taking care of you? Me. Not Dream."

She looks at me, confused. "Yeah, I know. Obviously. You're my boyfriend."

"Oh am I? I thought that was Dream." I look away from her and start backing up the car.

"Zak. Are you serious? You're jealous? I didn't even do anything. I cannot believe you right now."

I am not jealous. This is a perfectly normal reaction to what just happened.

Y/n rolls her eyes and looks out the window, pouting.

"You did do something. You talked about his videos like they were sooo amazing. You never talk about mine like that!"

"Am I not allowed to be excited about meeting one of my favorite creators? Huh? That shouldn't make you mad. You're being ridiculous."

"I'm being ridiculous? You're being ridiculous! You were flirting with him that whole time and I was right there. You were blushing and smiling and-"

"Are you kidding? Flirting? How? I never said anything remotely flirty. And when you meet new people you're supposed to smile, idiot. You want me to glare at him the whole time? Would that have been better for you?"

"Whatever. Just...stop talking."

She winces, but doesn't respond, keeping her eyes focused on the world outside the car.

After a stretch of complete silence and no movement whatsoever, Y/n takes out her phone.

"What are you doing," I ask her roughly.

"None of your business," she says, and presses on the twitter icon. She types something out and presses send.

It alerts my phone, creating a ding from the backseat.

She reaches back and swipes away a notification.

She knows I can still read it later, right.

We reach my apartment, still in silence. She crutches her way to the elevator as soon as I turn off the car's engine. Too quickly for me to help her out.

I sigh and pick up my phone. I look on her most recent tweet. It reads:

i love you. but sometimes i don't.