Chapter 27

Here's a long chapter as an excuse for the delay!

Also, go look at my friend's story! Their name are EM_anderson14

Maxime P.O.V

Everything happened like I expected it to happen. When Alex asked Bart to become Luka's wife and go with him to his kingdom, the pregnant omega was hesitant, but finally agreed because it was his saviour that asked him to do this. I knew that because I was there when it happened. I followed the Alpha to be there to convince even more Bartholomé to go, because I was his friend.

I knew that he was just scared that Luka was just playing with him like his first mate and would reject him in the end. He didn't want to take the risk, even more so because now he wasn't the only one who would be affected by a breakdown. The little life growing in his stomach was even more important to him that his health had ever been. I could see that Bart was attracted to the lizard and it wasn't only because of the mate bond, no, it was more like the mate bond was restraining him from fully taking down the wall around his heart. That was the only reason I accepted the deal Luka offered.

I really hoped it would help Bart open more, even though I could see the annoyance on his face right now as he packed the things he had in a backpack, which wasn't much, just like me. I could clearly tell that the omega was really pissed about being forced to become Luka's wife, but knowing him he wouldn't care in a few hours. As long as he had a bed, food and wasn't mistreated he would get over it. I didn't think he would accept being the dragon's mate soon, but eventually he would fall under the lizard's charm and the mate bond. It was just meant to be… Also, Bart wasn't the most stubborn person, he would get mad a few hours and then he just wouldn't care anymore. His most famous technique was the cold war, he wouldn't talk to the other person and would just ignore him. I once was the victim of such strategy and I could tell with confidence that it wasn't the most pleasurable experience. I wondered how the sexy man would react with being treated as a wind breeze by his lovely mate...

I came back to the present as I felt something brush past me by my right side, creating a small breeze (well, talking about wind breeze…) that made my hairs disheveled. I turned my body to see the back of the pregnant omega disappearing in my mate's room, where Luka and Alexander were currently waiting. Letting out a huff of amusement, I went to join him.

When I entered the room, my eyes immediately widen in amusement as I took in the scene before me. Bartholomé was holding his backpack securedly against his chest with his head turned in the direction opposed to Luka, while his buff mate was looking at him with pleading eyes and a pout, looking like poor puppy asking for a treat. It was clear, with how the dragon was stretching his arms toward his omega, that he wanted to hold his bag for him, but Bart wouldn't have any of that gentleman act.

I raised a brow at James as he outstretched his arms toward me, telling me to come sit on his bed betweens his arms. I could now say without any shame that I loved my mate so, I wasn't ashamed to show some public display of affection. I walked in my sexy mate's direction, intentionally making the movement of my hips more exaggerated and watching with a small smirk on my lips as James' eyes trailed down to my hips and darken with lust. The poor boy was already at his limit with how much I teased him all the time I was taking care of him while he was recovering. I was honestly surprised that he hadn't already jumped me and pinned me to the bed, but how much self-control he had added to his charm and it made me fall even more in love with him, if it was even possible. 

I sat on his laps, making sure my butt was directly on his shaft, and my smirk became a small smile as my boyfriend's arms went around my waist and as he nuzzled my neck with his slightly cold nose. Honestly, if someone had told me a few months ago that I would fall in love, with a beta nonetheless, and that I would want to spend the rest of my life and possibly have babies with him, I would have told them that they were crazy! However, here I was sitting on my mate's laps with him peppering small kiss on my neck and me letting out small wolf purrs at the show of affection. What have this man done to me!? A few weeks ago, I would have run far away, completely afraid of those emotion I was feeling, but not now. Not after seeing my mate only two steps away from death. It made me realize that I couldn't just run with all my might each time something that made me uncomfortable appeared. It wouldn't solve the problem. Escaping would only delay it, not make it disappear. Which was why I decided to accept my mate and accept the fact that I was an omega. I didn't want to tire myself out even more by only thinking with my ego and not with my heart and avoiding my feelings would only delay the inevitable, because what the heart want, it would get.

"So, everything is settled?" Alexander asked Luka and Bart while holding the door open. The dragon nodded and took his mate by the waist, succeeding in bringing him toward the exit. Bart turned toward me with a small pout on his plump lips and I gave him a warm smile, telling him goodbye in my own way, which he gave back after a couple second. Nobody could stay mad at me after I sent them my killer smile. We then turned toward the window and watched with amused eyes as the big dragon flew in the sky after a few minutes with his front paws closed, holding a much displeased omega with a round stomach.

"Well then, I will let you two lover birds alone and go back to my beautiful pregnant mate!" Alexander said with a huge and annoying grin on his face that screamed 'punch me'. I would have gladly give on his command if it wasn't for James' arms tightening around my waist, surely knowing what sort of thoughts were running in my head. After the asshole was gone, without a black eye, sadly, I turned back to face my mate and looked at him with soft eyes, which were met with the loving eyes. I closed my eyes, feeling his face come closer to mine, and felt my mate's soft lips on mines. I reciprocated his kiss and our lips moved in synchro, in a slow and sensual dance, filled with love and longing. Ending the kiss due to the serious lack of oxygen we both were feeling, I put my forehead on his to catch my breath. After a few seconds of jerky breathing, I opened my eyes and looked in his stormy orbs already watching me.

"I love you" I said with a small grin. His eyes widen at my words and his cheeks became as red as his hairs. I could feel mines became the same as what I just said registered in my mind. Before I could dwell on it any longer, James answered me.

"I love you too, my beautiful, sassy mate" my wonderful mate said before pecking my lips in a chaste kiss, but before he could retract farther, I grabbed the back of his head and crashed my lips on his. We both moaned in the kiss, which was now needy and hot, completely the opposite of the one before. We once again separated to catch our breath and I prepared myself for the embarrassing thing I was going to say.

"I just thought about it, but Alex's mate is pregnant and Bart too. We can't let them oustrip us too much right?" I said with a really hot face. James looked at me puzzled for a few seconds before what I implied sink in his pretty head. His eyes widened in disbelief before an exatic smile stretched on his lips. He flipped us so he was on top of me with his arms each sides of my head and looked at me with loving eyes.

"Are you sure?" My mate asked with a warm voice and I answered him by nodding and bringing him in a frenetic kiss full of need and love.

I was in for a busy night.

Hey dear readers, next chapter will be a bed scene! Please bear with me if it's too cringy!

Hope you will like it!

Don't forget to:

Vote~

Comment~

And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(1 478 words)