Chapter 11

Maxime P.O.V

We were now one day after the ball. I heard that there were some trouble at the ball yesterday because the Pack of the cute little boy came and insulted him. That, of course, angered his mate so now we had many people in the dungeon. At least, there were other people that could cook so they were in charge of making food for the prisoner while I cooked for the pack members only. I wouldn't have been able to make food for them without spitting on it or burning it anyways, so I didn't know if it was better for them or for me. It seems like the beta angered his Alpha in some ways because he was afflicted to wash the floor in the kitchen. It was the first time Alex punished someone, less his beta, I guess he did something stupid. Like interrupting an Alpha time with his newly found mate, that would be so stupid of him.

Anyways I was currently on my way to the kitchen so I would finally be able to see this beta. I was a little worried but Alex told me that his beta, James, was as harmless as a fly. Sometimes, they were such a botherer by flying around your head with their buzzing sound but they won't ever hurt you. I hoped he wouldn't be too much nerve wracking because I would be quick to take out my fly swatter and smack him with it. You could say that I wasn't really patient.

I smelt a wonderful smell as I came toward the kitchen, did someone use my things to cook!? Even if it smelled good I wouldn't forgive them! A chef's tools were sacred, how dare they used them without my consent! I entered the room and prepared to scream just to have my breath stole away as I saw the man on the floor. His hair were a fiery orange and he had cloudy blue eyes that looked like a sky on a rainy day. His skin was white with an healthy glow and he had light freckles on his cheeks. He was built but not too much, just like a swimmer. He wasn't too tall neither, just a little more than me. I felt my heart thump loudly in my chest as his head shot up and his eyes met mine. We looked at each other for a long time, frozen in stupefaction while a similar thought occupied our mind. I found my mate.

I couldn't believe I had a mate! Much less a beta! I didn't know what to do, but before I could let my brain process my future action, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. My chest hit someone else chest and it sent sparks all the way up my spine making me let out a strangled yelp due to the shock. I felt his breath fan over my ears and warm it, making me blush a little. I then heard him chant "mate, mate, mate" in my ears as his arms tighten their hold around me. I tried to break free by squirming and pushing him with my hands but he was by far way stronger than me, which made me irritate. I felt anger bubbling inside of me, like a pool of lava slowly but surely making its way up the chimney of the volcano until it spills on the city around it, burning by the same occasion all trace of life and reducing in asches corpse and vegetal. The burning rage rose until it reached my brain.

I was tired of people abusing their power, of Alpha, of beta and most of all of myself. I was disgusted with myself for being an omega, a weak being that was only useful to be a slave and to make babies. I never wanted this, this painful burden that anchored itself in me, in my conscience. I knew it all along, that no matter what I did I would still be an omega, all the way down the food chain. There would still be abused omega, treated with unfairness, no matter how hard I fought. Even if I was battling with all my might, even if I poured all my soul and life into this fight, in the end, it would all be for naught.

I felt the fiery anger inside of me flatter and be replaced by a sensation of burnt behind my eyes. My throat started to contract and my nose felt stuffy. I didn't want to cry, I truly didn't, but the feeling of vulnerability was so intense, made me feel so powerless and in despair. I was so damn tired of all this useless fighting, I just wanted to go in my bed and sleep forever, never waking up.

However, I couldn't do that, or it would be to announce defeat and I would never allow that. Even though it was useless and would only hurt myself, I would continue to fight, because it was what I believed in, a world of equality and fairness. Even if my body was reduced to tatters and that my soul was ripped apart, I would battle with all I have until there was nothing left of me and nothing in the world could change that. It was the reason I was still alive today, to show that omega weren't slave. I was going to fight until my last breath because it was important to me. I would never give up.

As I felt my resolution come back and my anger rising once again, I raised my hand and heard a satisfying sound as I slapped my mate on the cheek. That was what you deserved asshole!

Hey dear reader, sorry it took me so long to write this chapter! Hope you enjoyed it!

They finally met!

Don't forget to:

Vote~

Comment~

And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(953 words)