Chapter 20

Lol first chapter in 2020 is chapter 20.

Maxime P.O.V

My eyes went wide open like two round balls and filled with desiblief as my mind processed what was in front of me. It looked like a lizard's feet with green and grey scales. There were also black claws with their edges as sharp as a sword dutifully maintained by its owner. I rose my head as my eyes followed the trail of scaled legs, going upward to the stomach which had a slight bulge, to the chest accompanied by two imposing scaled arms with three fingers and sharp claws and finally settled on the head. It was pretty imposing, with a long muzzle, pointed horns and glowing green eyes with only a black slice for the pupil. Just like a cat.

The dragon slowly let out a heated breath, which immediately dried my wet body, much to my relief. I could tell it was a male due to the bump under his belly, containing his genital, more like genitals because dragon had two lengths just like the snakes. I didn't know if I should pity or envy their partner.

He dropped his head down to my level and took a sniff of my scent which made my whole body rose with my fur standing tall because of the strength in his breathe. I let out a yelp as I fell down on the moist ground after he finished taking note of my scent. 

The dragon looked at me with questioning eyes as he straightened himself and look down at me from his tall stature. I saw the intelligence in his eyes and my guesses were confirmed. There were rumors that a dragon fell in love with a wizard and the later created a potion for the former to change in human form. However, the council was jealous of the dragon so they kidnapped him and threatened the wizard to make them similar potion if he didn't want his partner to die. He accepted but in a fit of tantrum, he made potion for nearly all the dragons so now most of the big lizard civilization could change in human form and had similar intelligence or even more. This one should be one of the lucky one if I didn't knock my head too hard on the ground when I fell.

"Hum, hey? My mate suffered a fatal injury and I would like if you could heal him please. I'm begging you…" I said while hesitating at the beginning but growing more confident with time, to finally end in a small whisper. I wasn't one to beg, but it was a critical situation. My mate could die, no, James would die if I couldn't bring this dragon with me back at his dying side. The remedy to big injuries was blood and tears of dragon mixed and for poison it was dragon's saliva. Even though it may sound simple to collect this, after all you just need to torture one and that's it, it wasn't this easy. Firstly, the dragons were extremely strong and controlled magic. Secondly, their scales were as hard as diamond, it was nearly impossible to cut them and there were only a very few places were you could enter a sword between them. So it was impossible to collect those unless a dragon was willing to give them to you.

His big eyes became sad and he seemed to remember painful memories after hearing what I had to say. I felt like he must have lived something like me but his mate didn't survive. Dragons also had mate, in fact, every magic creature had mate. However, the human had difficulty to feel the bond, they would only feel slightly attracted to this person and not become completely obsessive like us, werewolf. It was also possible for mate to be interracial, like an human and a werewolf or a dragon and a werewolf.

The big dragon nodded his green and grey head and get down to my level. He pointed to his back with his long muzzle and I gulped as I understood what he wanted. I tossed my fears at the back of my mind after thinking of my mate bedridden at the pack's house and waiting for me to come back and cure him. I took the last bit of energy I had in my members to propulse myself and lend on his back. My body completely flattened itself as I fell the dragon take his soaring and fly in the direction I came from, while using the scent I left on my way here.

You didn't need to worry James, I was coming to save you!

Hey dear reader, here's this week's chapter! Hope you liked it!

School is starting again, so the update will regain their normal schedule and I will try to update twice a week, try. It's my goal this year.

Don't forget to:

Vote~

Comment~

And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(772 words)