Chapter 19

The feet~

Another chapter because I was late for last week's update.

Maxime P.O.V

I fell. I had been running for two days when my paw got caught between two rocks. My fall made me roll toward a pit and I fell in it even though I tried to grip a root or rock with my mouth while I rolled. I landed pretty heavily on a moist ground with branches sticking out and bick mountains of rocks and foam around. Moreover, the soil was humid which made my fur all wet and sticking to my body.

I tried to get up but it seemed like I hurted my ankle while landing. The little bumps on the side of my left ankle fell directly on a rock, so now it hurt like hell and I could barely get up. I could walk on three paws only but the floor wasn't really hard so my paws were sinking in it and I was too easily losing my stability. I could have walked on four but not on three, it was impossible. What was also impossible was letting my mate die. I would have to do something because I couldn't stay here. I was my mate's only hope! Even if I had to crawl I would get out of here.

The pit was in a long line and it seemed that one side was going in the dragon's nest direction. The worst in all of this was that I was near the border of their land but I knew that there wouldn't be any dragons near it. They were all in the farest regions. It was a mission impossible but I could give it a try. Worst came to worst, I would die and my mate too. Him from his injuries and me from starving and deshydratation. Like that, we would be together in death.

But first I should try even though I would surely die. At least, I would die while knowing that I tried everything. With that thought I started to drag my tired and wet body with my front paws and my lone good back paw. The sun was shining on my body which warmed me, but after a few minutes of hard perseverance I started to feel too hot. I felt like the water created due to the ground's humidity was burning my fur because of the sun's ray. At least I sometimes had a moment of respite when I passed under the shadow of the tall tree towering each side of the pit. 

Their leaves were dancing with the gentle breezes of wind and their fluttering sound was calming my mind. I still felt the burns in my muscle and the aches from the fall, but the warbles of the birds and the sound of animals jumping around, playing with their sisters and brothers, were slowly bringing me in a trance. My body was now working mechanically while my mind wandered around, leaving its container to explore the forest. Starting with a rabbit jumping near the pit, going with him to eat herbs and then transfering on a squirrel. Running to the nearest river and drinking from it before flying away in fright when a fish jumped before it while my spirit took this opportunity to continue its way with the culprit. I swam with the fish which scales were shining due to the sun, bravely  making its way in the hot and cold streams, graceful like a ballerina.

My mind brutally came back to my body as it shook from a unknown impact. I came back to my sense just to see a big scaled foot, looking like a lizard one.

Hey dear readers, that was the chapter I promised for my tardiness last week. This week's chapter will also be a bit late, sorry!

Happy new year!

Don't forget to:

Vote~

Comment~

And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(600 words)