A Sixth Contender

Nightmare's tentacles flicked. Someone had entered the house. The majority of them were in the living room. He turned to look at where he'd sensed it and was momentarily taken back. He recognized this skeleton. "Error?" Dust rasped in a scratchy voice. He was being healed by Dream, having sustained many an injury in his rampage through the theater.

The glitchy skeleton kept his hands in his pockets. "I-I-I've been told th-th-th-that someone's been w-w-watching..." He growled out in that glitchy whine. Nightmare's tentacles flicked.

"You've heard correctly." He stated. Error's body pixelated again. "Why are you here?"

"B-B-Because you an-an-and I want the s-s-s-same thing... What w-w-w-was your name? N-Nightmare?" Nightmare felt the goop in his body prickle. This skeleton had a dangerous aura. An unpredictable one. Like an animal that was just BARELY holding itself back from attacking everything on sight.

"And what's that?" Nightmare stood to face him. He came around the side of the couch and he heard Killer let out a soft chuckle before he heard a yelp. He assumed Dream or someone had elbowed him in the ribs. Good.

He turned his attention back to Error. On the couch, Cross turned to face him too and his eyes seemed spark in interest. Error scoffed. "Y-Y-You know what..." He scowled, rolling his eyes. "Don't g-g-g-give me that b-b-bullshit. We w-w-want this guy dead, d-d-d-don't we?"

Nightmare blinked. "Maybe we do share the same goal then. Are you saying you'll join us?" He eyes the skeleton. Error was real eye-catching. No doubt he would get other monsters' attention with his appearance. The thought didn't exactly repel Nightmare.

Error glared at him, his head glitching violently to the left for a moment before he spoke. "W-W-Was it n-n-n-not obvious?" Out of the corner of his eye, Nightmare noticed Error, Cross, and Dream suddenly seemed to become distracted by something and even he became aware of a presence that he was sure was not really there. "I know wh-wh-who it is."

Nightmare's tentacles flicked and lowered. "You should have started with that." He muttered. He turned and retook his position on the couch, climbing over it. One of his tentacles beckoned Error over. Error glitched into the living room with them and Horror seemed fascinated by his strings.

He reached out and jumped as Error let out a loud, digital screech. "D-D-D-Don't touch m-m-me." He growled. Horror pulled back, glancing at something next to him. Error stared around at them. He was clearly not used to having so many people looking at him and he clearly didn't like it. His body fizzled.

"Ink kn-kn-knew him, so y-y-y-you probably do t-t-t-too." He spoke directly to Dream, who stood up next to the couches, his hands nervously clasped in front of him. "H-H-H-His name's Sci."

Immediately, Dream let in a sharp inhale of breath, seeming to startle everyone. Well, almost everyone. Cross watched him calmly.

————————————

Dream did know who that was, but that wasn't the reason he'd made that noise. He felt like all of the air had been sucked out of his lungs. There were two others who had sensed it too. That wave of panic and shock. It hadn't been theirs. Dream shook it off. "I-I do know him, yes..." He managed to stutter out.

Error's eyes fixed piercingly on him. Dream shivered a little and blinked as he felt a hand on his back. He glanced down and Killer nudged him encouragingly. "Keep going." Killer encouraged quietly. Dream gulped and nodded.

"I-It would make sense. He's in Photography Club and he does like to study things that fascinate him. You... all of you... seemed to be of interest to him." Dream explained quietly, fiddling with his fingers. In a way, he was almost disappointed for not having figured it out.