A Soft Light

Cross sighed. These were more annoying than he'd first thought. He had magic restraints on him. Six, to be exact. Three on each arm. He felt sort of drained. Luckily, he'd already formed one of his bright red knives beforehand and stored it away for later. "Is the muzzle truly necessary?" He asked Sans, who was leading him up to the building. Sans blinked and turned to look back at him.

"Buddy, you tried to bite me." Sans reminded him. Cross sighed. Chara had tried to bite him. He was led into the school. He stared around as Sans disappeared into one of the rooms at the very end of the first floor hallway. After a moment, he came out with a goat monster. She seemed nice enough.

"Hello! My name is Miss Toriel! May I ask what your name is?" The goat greeted him cheerfully. Cross wasn't interested in her. He could sense Nightmare in that room she'd come out of.

"My name is Cross. It is a pleasure to meet you." He said politely. The goat seemed taken back and glanced at Sans.

"He's polite?" She asked, seeming startled. Sans shrugged, saying he was just as surprised.

"Picked him up this morning. Went on a rampage in the town. Tried to bite me too." Sans informed Toriel, who glanced at Cross in surprise. Cross shrugged. Toriel sighed and rubbed her head.

"Okay... well. I suppose I can take you to meet your classmates. It's almost lunchtime." She bid goodbye to Sans, who nodded to both of them before disappearing. She led Cross into the classroom. He entered the room and everyone lit up.

"THERE he is!" Killer exclaimed, grinning as he sat with his feet propped up on the desk. Dust blinked and glanced up at him, twitching before giving a nod. There was another presence around Dust. Cross would investigate it later. He could sense another presence attached to Horror as well, who seemed to be tucking something away into his bloody bag with a grin.

Cross turned his attention to the window, where Nightmare stared at him. Cross blinked. Nightmare looked amazing, illuminated by the light. Nightmare scoffed at him. "They put a muzzle on you?" He asked, tipping his head. Cross blinked before nodding. These restraints were keeping Chara in, which Cross knew would be an issue as soon as he took them off.

Toriel seemed surprised as she stared around. "So I take it you all already know each other??" She asked, her hands clasped in front of her. Cross nodded and moved to take a seat next to Nightmare. Nightmare's tentacle twitched, but other than that, he gave no real reaction. The bell rang, startling Dust, who impaled the speaker with a purple bone. It fizzled and went out.

"Oh... shit..." He said, calming down instantly as he stared up at it. Killer burst out laughing and Horror soon joined him, quietly giggling. Toriel's hands has tightened, smoke rising from them. She took a deep breath.

"I'm going to go fetch your meals for lunch now." She stated. Her kind voice had a barely controlled undertone. Cross felt an amused smile tug at his mouth. The teacher left the room, shutting and locking the door. Cross blinked and turned to Nightmare.

"Can you take the knife out from my belt?" He asked politely. Nightmare raised a brow before one of his tentacles slipped under Cross' coat. Cross let out a soft breath and Nightmare's face lit up as he pulled out the bright red knife.

"Why did you need me to do it? Why couldn't you?" He demanded. Cross gave him only a grin in response and Nightmare growled, seeming annoyed now. Cross hummed and began to get to work on slowly slicing off each restraint.

He was careful and kept his hand steady. Nightmare was watching, Cross could tell. Cross carefully sliced through all three restraints on one arm and held it out to Nightmare. Nightmare blinked before he sighed, seeming to understand.