t w e l v e

Night had fallen, and the four were still in the bar standing over the two dead bodies. "Let's head back," Herschel said, they made there way over to the door.

Rick quickly caught Natalie's wrist, "here," he said giving her Tony's shotgun.

"I've got one," she said holding up her gun.

"Shotguns more powerful, you'll only need one shot taking it down," Natalie looked at Rick, "Take it, please."

Natalie smiled and took the gun, as she did, new lights from the cars shone through the windows, Rick grabbed Natalie and brought her to the ground right up against the windows at the front of the bar.

The people got out of the car and started calling out for Dave and Tony. For a while it was quiet, Rick and Natalie crawled over to Glenn and Herschel. "Why won't they leave?" Glenn whispered.

"We can't sit here any longer, make a run for it from the back and to the car," Rick instructed. As the group got up, gunshot were heard causing them to drop back down to the floor.

"We're looking for Dave and Tony and no one checks the damn bar?" A man said from outside of the bar. Causing Natalie to lift her shotgun so it was ready to shoot.

The men came to the bar and as they opened the double doors, Glenn and Natalie crawled to it and slammed it shut using their backs.

"What? Someone shut that door from the inside. Yo? Someone in there?" They called out. "We don't want no trouble we're here looking for our friends. If something happened, tell us! There's plenty of corpses around, if you can help us not get killed, I'd appreciate it."

Natalie and Herschel looked at eachother, talking with their eyes, none of them wanted Rick to talk. Natalie turned her face to Rick, who was looking up at the ceiling, in a silent debate with himself.

She gently touched his arm causing him to look down at her. She shook her head, asking him not to talk, hoping they would leave if they heard nothing.

"They drew on us!" Rick said looking away from Natalie. Causing Natalie to roll her eyes, now more people would die.

"Dave and Tony in there? They alive?"

"No."

"Let's leave, man," One of them said.

"No, I'm not leaving they shot Dave and Tony."

"You're friends drew on us!" Rick shouted. "We had no choic-" The glass smashed above Glenn and Natalie's head causing them both to crawl forward. "Get out of here!" Rick shouted.

Herschel and Glenn ran for the back, Natalie remained standing on the other side of the door, shooting through the other window alongside Rick.

They then ducked for cover as the bullets kept coming in from all directions.

"Hey! We all know this is not gonna end well!" Rick shouted up against the wall and reloading his ammo, "You guys just back off. No one else gets hurt."

For a couple of seconds, it was silent, Rick nodded for Glenn to go to the back. He made a run for it.

Natalie, too, had her back up against the wall, listening out. Until a shot was heard from the back, Natalie rushed forward, "Glenn!" she shouted.

"I'm alright!" he voice echoed from the back.

She made her way over to her father, Rick also following. "I'll cover stay here, you go out back to cover Glenn," Rick said to Herschel. "Try and get to your car, tell him to pull up back and we'll make a run for it, get the hell outta here."