t h i r t y - t w o

Natalie had decided to remain silent as her and Glenn ventured into ­tombs, deciding that if she couldn't give him time to recover she would give him space.

The decided to stick to silent weapons, she held her axe firmly in her hands as the moans and growls approached them. Before she was about to turn the next corner Glenn grabbed her wrist.

"Nat," Glenn started without looking her in the eye, "what Chris did... it has nothing to do with yo- I mean of course it doesn't, but in that moment, I- just lost all composure," Glenn fumbled over his words, but Natalie grabbed his hand.

She knew exactly what he was trying to say, "Stop," she smiled as him and urged him to look at her, "I know. You don't ever have to apologise to me, know that I know you want what's best for her." Natalie spoke referring to Maggie. "What happened before, I know it hurts but just- just take care of her. She doesn't want this side of you. You were almost unrecognisable back there."

"I had to do-"

"-do what was right." She said with him at the same time, "all of you are the same, and by 'you' I mean men," she laughed, "always thinking you can do everything on your own. Let me. Take care of yourself. Let me take charge."

Glenn nodded, "I just want her to be safe."

"I know Glenn, but bloodshed isn't always the way." She said. Knowing damn well that he still wants to kill Chris, "besides," she said resting the handle of her axe on her shoulder and smirking, "if anyone is going to kill Chris I will."

Glenn looked up at her, "you can handle it?" Natalie gave him an exasperated look, "stupid question. Sorry."

"I killed someone early on, he had his hands all over me, and I ended it, right in front of the girls." Natalie said with a dazed look but still continued to look at him, "I don't want you to ever go through with that. I don't want you to ever kill a human Glenn, you don't deserve the torment after."

"He torments you even now?"

"No. he doesn't torment me, it's the questions after," Natalie said, "In fact I haven't thought about him till now, isn't that a dangerous thought?" Natalie laughed sarcastically, "A surgeon, who is meant to preserve life doesn't feel guilty about taking one."

Glenn looked at her, ignoring the fact they were in the tombs, he was concerned.

"A part of my humanity gone I guess, maybe I'm becoming more like the bad guys."

"You're not Natalie." Glenn announced firmly.

"Maybe not to you, but taking a life, it makes you question these things." Natalie said her eyes slightly watering up, "I don't want you feeling the way I am now, you're too good."

Natalie rolled the axe from her shoulder to her side, "don't forget what I said, now come one let's find that breach."

Glenn nodded and followed her around the corner. But as they did they have face to face with several walkers.

Natalie made sure of her surroundings quickly before swinging the axe into the head and quickly pulling it out, before advancing forward. She kicked her foot at one's chest then grabbed her dagger to stab it from the top when it stubbled.

As it dropped she looked on wards. Too many. All stacked up in front of the boiler room.

"There's no way we're get through that Nat." Glenn said as he pulled out his knife from the walker's head then moved to the next.