Special《♡》Contest

Start from the beginning

When the two met in a hug, Chelsea immediately started to sob in his chest, whispering how much she missed him.

Robin stroked her hair, hugging her back, and looked up to see Aqualad and Kid Flash coming up to join the hug, the rest of the team confused.

Soon Aqualad, Kid Flash, Chelsea, and Robin were enveloped in a hug once again. It felt like so long ago, since she left to her aunts house in Russia.

Once again, they all felt like little kids again, and Chelsea felt like the hero she once was long ago. Miss Fortune.

When they released the hug, Robin could tell his girlfriend was a little jealous, but didn't pay too much attention to it.

"Team, meet Miss Fortune. She was the second partner to ever exist in superhero history. Protegè to Vibe."

(A/n I'm just adding a brief mention of my favorite nerd, Cisco Ramon from the Flash TV series)

"Hi." Chelsea waved to the team.

"Hello!" Miss Martian cheered, Artemis and Conner grumbling a little, Rocket and Zatanna just waving.

And that's when the next life changing sound came for the little Robin. The sound of a gun going off, and the sound of his best friend hitting the concrete, blood pooling from where she was shot.

In the heart.

○●○● Time skip to 2 months later ●○●○

Robin was still grieving over his best friend. Even after two months of being gone, he still felt as though she were still here, in his arms.

He always thought of Chelsea like a sister to him. She loved prank wars, she would always get into trouble, and she was as smart as she was witty.

Robin was currently rocking himself on the floor in his room at Mt. Justice, staring into the abyss, replaying her death over and over again.

He watched as the blood trickled out, and rolled onto the concrete. He watched her shut her eyes, a single tear escaping her left one.

He watched as she whispered "I'm sorry" before hitting the concrete, cracking her head slightly from the impact.

He watched as the now visible hole in her heart started to glow blood red, and watched as blood trickled out of her mouth too.

He watched the beating of her heart stop, her chest that was once rising and falling now still, her eyelids shut over unmoving eyes.

He imagined her violet eyes, that always matched her pale complexion, remembering the light dust of freckles all over her face.

He remembered the way her very blonde hair stained red as her blood soaked her almost white hair.

Images of his parents deaths also popped up too. And sometimes the memories collided, Chelsea falling right along with his parents.

It was all too much, as he screamed a blood curdling scream, that felt like it tore his vocal cords in two, grabbing his head.

He shut his eyes, wanting the unwanted memories to just go away, to leave him be in peace. But that never happened.

He sobbed harder, rocking himself more, fresh tears rolling over old ones, the sway of his body the only thing making him sane.

"I've seen dark before, but not like this.

This is cold, this is empty, this is numb
The life I knew is over, the lights are out.

Hello, darkness, I'm ready to succumb
I follow you around, I always have
But you've gone to a place I cannot find.

This grief has a gravity, it pulls me down, but a tiny voice whispers in my mind.

You are lost, hope is gone
But you must go on
And do the next right thing

Can there be a day beyond this night?
I don't know anymore what is true
I can't find my direction, I'm all alone
The only star that guided me was you.

How to rise from the floor?
But it's not you I'm rising for
Just do the next right thing.

Take a step, step again
It is all that I can to do
The next right thing.

I won't look too far ahead
It's too much for me to take
But break it down to this next breath, this next step
This next choice is one that I can make.

So I'll walk through this night
Stumbling blindly toward the light
And do the next right thing.

And, with it done, what comes then?
When it's clear that everything will never be the same again.

Then I'll make the choice to hear that voice
And do the next right thing."

That song was always one Chelsea used to sing to him to put him to sleep, if he ever had a nightmare of his parents fall.

He knew how much the song meant to her, and he liked it to. It helped remind him that his life was worth carrying on.

"Chelsea." Dick whispered to no one.

"I promise I'll carry on. And do the next right thing."

~ flashforward thanks to Richard's love for butchering the English language ~

From that day forward, Richard decided he wasn't going to joke as much as he had in the past, for this job seemed more real to him.

Ever since Chelsea's death, he decided that people are cruel, and will do anything once they make up their minds about something.

He opened up to more people, that's what Chelsea would have wanted. People have noticed that he was more serious now.

But he couldn't care. As long as he did the right thing, he knew he would continue to make his best friend proud of him.

He knew that this is what she would have wanted for him, for him to find peace, and move on. But that didn't mean he forgot about her.

It was quite the opposite. Whenever he felt down, or felt like he made a mistake, he sang the song Chelsea used to sing to him.

It helped remind him that people die, it's part of life, but he has to carry on, and do the next right thing. For not only Chelsea, but himself too.

Contest for SuperSilverSpy

Next chapter will be part 2 to Sick Of It