Chapter 6

It's happening. This is really happening. I'm really about to go to an unknown place with my boss. I'm flying. My heart is in my throat and my toes curl in pure anxiety as I pack the last remaining of my clothes in my bag. I zip the bag and sigh. From the corner of my eyes, I see Greta inch closer to me. She hugs me from behind.

"You don't look like you want to go," she counters.

"It's not that I don't want to go. But I've never flown before and this is the first time I'm even traveling with anyone." Out of the country. I turn to face her. She smiles cunningly.

"He's hot, you know? Women would die to be you right now." I roll my eyes but can't stop the flutters in my belly. She's right, I know, and that's what wreaks havoc in me. I'd rather just be in his office working for him—not actually flying across the country with him.

"Be that woman. Go, for me. You look like me anyway," I smile, placing the roll-on back on the plush carpet.

"Darling, he didn't ask me. He asked you. Did you pack the sexy dress I got you on Valentine's Day?" I turn sharply towards her and scowl.

"It's a business trip," I interject.

"So, he says," she winks before turning away. None of this is helping my nerves. If anything were to happen....

I can't think about this. I have a flight to catch.

__

"Miss?" My head jerks towards the front.

"Yes?"

"Sorry, I asked if you wanted the AC on in the back? I wasn't sure if you were feeling hot back there or not?" How many times did the driver ask me? I lost count. I was too busy looking at the empty seat next to me. I never expected to be in the back of the car alone. I was a little perplexed. And at the same time, I didn't understand why I was complaining. I'm better off being alone right now anyway. At least this way, I get calm my nerves and breathe a little.

"Sorry, I wasn't listening. My mind was...somewhere else."

"AC?" he asks again.

"No, thank you. I'm okay."

"We will be at the airport in less than ten minutes, ma'am. Mr. Dean will meet you there." Ten minutes? I grip the seat hard as tension coils in my belly. My stomach rumbles as my anxiety picks up. This is nerve wrecking. 

You're not going on a honeymoon with him, you fool. It's just a business trip, that's all. Professional, that's it.

The driver...what's his name? seemed to catch on to my anxiousness because from my view, he wasn't looking at the road. He was looking at me. Perhaps, observing me. Am I this obvious? What am I obvious about, anyway?

"You seem a little nervous," the driver states. What's his name again? I nervously smile but don't say anything.

"Four more minutes until we reach our destination, ma'am," he says.

I really hate this driver.

Four minutes later, as he said, we get to the airport. But it's not the airport I'm familiar with. This is more private. Where am I? My heart is in my throat and for some reason, I feel like I'm about to vomit.

"This way, ma'am," the driver says, signaling for me to walk straight through the glass doors. I see no customs, no long lines, no one to stop us for passport check, and no one to check our bags. We just walk straight past couple doors until I realize we're headed straight outside where an enormous plane awaits us. This plane is nothing like I've ever seen. Two things. One, there are five people waiting for me. Just me with smiles plastered on their face. And two...Reece Dean is there, looking at me, watching me, with one hand in his pocket and the other hanging loosely next to him. My footsteps falter and my heart beats erratically against my chest. I'm moving, I'm aware of that, but I don't realize how close I actually am to Reece until I'm literally standing less than a foot away from him. An enormous white plane, with gold eccentric details on it, stands tall in front of me. DEAN is written in metallic black in the center.