Chapter 14 - Emergency

Start from the beginning

"Hmmm, I get it." Knowing, she shrugged, then rummaged in her makeup bag, "Where were you yesterday, by the way?"

"Gone."

"Oh, I know that, weirdo," Leyla said now unnerved, rolling her bright blue eyes, "but where exactly were you hanging out?"

"None of your business."

"I know that too." She heaved a sigh, "But we're good friends and it's normal to tell each other what we've been up to. I mean, you really know everything about me and I know next to nothing about you. That's unfair." She looked at me reproachfully and I groaned.

Ugh. Straight girls could be so damn exhausting.

"So, where-"

"I was at Price's," I answered her now, annoyed after all, and in the next moment bit my tongue to curb my rising anger.

After all, I already knew what was coming next.

"Huh! Are you kidding?" Stunned, Leyla turned to me and shook her head, "Jaydin, you-"

"I'm old enough to take care of myself, Leyla, and I was only with her because I wanted to check on her and-"

"And skipped school again for that loser girl!" Pissed off, she punched the wall, "Damn it, Jay! I thought you were smarter than that! You-"

"I know what I'm doing!"

"Like hell you do!" Leyla was getting angrier, "Have you forgotten what she did to me? Have you forgotten how much I suffered? The way my heart bled when-"

"Of course I haven't forgotten, but-"

"But what, huh?"

"But Price had her reasons for it!"

"AND OF COURSE THAT JUSTIFIES EVERYTHING SHE DID, HUH?"

"NO, NOT AT ALL!", I yelled at Leyla now, twitching my jaw. My eyes spat fire, "But I don't take sides. Never have, never will."

"You don't? How funny! After all, so far you're only taking sides with her!"

"BECAUSE UNLIKE YOU, SHE'S ALL ALONE, LEYLA!"

"HA, AND WHOSE FAULT IS THAT? HERS, JAY, HERS!" Upset, she threw her hands in the air and looked at me determinedly, "BECAUSE WE DIDN'T FORCE HER TO BE THAT RESPECTLESS AGAINST US, NOR TO BE THAT BACKSLASHED AT ME, AND-"

"JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALING ABOUT!" my voice echoed off the walls and now even Leyla realized that she should better shut up now.

Otherwise, I would explode.

"Jaydin, I-"

"I know you only want what's best for me! You all do," I toned back down and ruffled my hair, "but if you don't want to end up with a broken jaw after all, you better stop talking now, finish your makeup, and then run back to your Puppy."

"Huh! I-I'm not afraid of you, Jaydin. You're my friend and you're not going to hurt me. I know that."

"Fine. Then don't make me have to convince you otherwise," I snarled and opened the door, "I'll wait outside. The air sucks in here."