[Ch:5] 6 Goals, 1 Assist

THURSDAY

Parker Hall's POV

"Welcome to the National Hockey League Parker!" 

There is 32 seconds left of my NHL debut and I have scored 6 goals and had one assist from Marner. Auston goes out for his shift and so does Morgan. Auston receives the pass from Morgan and just as the puck leaves his stick and into the net Auston is hit from the side by Patrick Kane. Auston falls and does not get up. It doesn't phase me as much as it does Mitch. The trainer goes out and Tavares takes his spot on the ice. "Ow." Auston skates off. The game finishes and everyone celebrates the win. I go back to the locker room and am finished getting undressed first.

"Hey Parker can you go to the hospital with Matthews for me please? Marner will meet you there." Mike comes in.

"Yeah sure." We get to a room in the hospital and Auston lays down and they give him pain medication. "How do you feel."

"Like my knee isn't in the right spot no big deal!" He yells at me. Why the fuck would I ask him that.

"Hi I'm Dr. Hall, I'll be putting your knee back in place."

"Oh great another Hall." Auston mutters. I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

"Here miss you can sit here while I perform the procedure and help him keep comfortable."

"Ok." He shows me the stool that is right beside the bed. I sit down and look at my phone.

Mitch

Hey how is he?

Me

The doctor came in and is going to reset his knee

Mitch

Okay Steph and I should be there soon I know he appreciates you being there.

The doctor comes back in and sits down ready to perform the procedure. "So are we ready?" The doctor asks.

"I guess." Auston grabs the railing of the bed. "Ow ow ow fuck." I can see his knuckles turning white as the doctor begins to touch his knee. I cringed at what the doctor was doing to him. I rest my arm on the side of the railing and I feel Auston grab my hand. I interlaced my fingers with his and feel my hand starting to hurt due to him squeezing my hand so hard. I winced in pain as he kept squeezing although it looked like he was trying not to cry. I took my free hand and ran it through his hair. The doctor made some more adjustments. "Ahhh!" He screamed one last time before relaxing.

"So he might be feeling tired and sleep for a little bit before going home. No hockey for two weeks. He will need to stay immobile from sports for a week then, begin to rehab the knee. Call me if you have any concerns." The doctor hands me his card.

"Ok thank you." I smile. I look back at Auston and he quickly darts his eyes away from me. I pull out my phone and text Mitch.

Me

All done :)

Mitch

Okay we're like 2 min away. Media took forever :(

I put my phone down and sit back on the chair. I feel Auston grab my hand as he falls asleep. I find myself asleep until Mitch comes in. "Hey how was media?" I whisper and drop my hand hoping that Mitch didn't see us.

"Well I believe congratulations are in order for Parker Hall." He says smiling.

"Thank you!" I stand up hugging Mitch. I turn around to see Matthews looking at me.

"I got him from here Parker. Go home. Celebrate your NHL career debut." Mitch says to me.

"Are you sure?" I ask tying the strings on my Maple leafs hoodie. I didn't want to leave Auston waiting so I didn't change back into my pre game outfit. I was wearing blue lululemon shorts imprinted with the Toronto Maple Leafs logo and my hoodie and some Birkenstocks.

"Yeah. There's practice in the morning anyways." He smiles and I see Auston sleeping.

"Ok see you later. Goodnight." I leave the hospital room and drive back to my apartment and get ready for bed. I get my phone out and see numerous messages from my mom and dad as well as everyone from London who I played with, and a few from Mitch. 

My NHL debut and I score 6 goals and got one assist.