Chapter 97: Helen (EP. 02)

"Pardon me, 'scuse me, coming through!"

Kristoff panted heavily albeit his ginger wife just kept moving on, scrambling around the streets with her pigtails in the air with the intensity of such speed.

While Iduna and Agnarr wondered how a one month pregnant woman can hold this kind of energy, Anna finally reached the docks with heavy breaths, but her turquoise eyes are still bearing that look of excitement.

"Hold on there, Anna," The new prince breathed out, "I think my legs are limp."

"Don't be silly, if that's the case you wouldn't be crouching like that," Anna pointed out as a matter of fact-ly, "Besides, it's better to be early—"

"LAND HO!"

"Get a hold of her, please," Kristoff coughed. Iduna and Agnarr smiled nervously and shot Anna a glance.

The familiar travel ship finally neared the entrance of the port, the inclined plane being pushed down by the Arendellian Guards.

The entrance of the ship opened all suddenly as Matthias yelled at the top of his lungs, "Make way for the king and queen!"

"We weren't this flanked whenever we are arriving from a travel." Agnarr whispered.

"Ever since the Princess Maria incident, Captain Lars decided to make a little update and well, he increased the number of troops to surround monarchy." Iduna whispered back.

"I see."

"Anna!"

The bubbly ginger looked up from her feet and dashed over to her older sister with a chesire cat grin, "ELSA!"

After almost having Elsa knocked over in the process, Anna smiled sheepishly and gave her sister a tight hug, "You big stinker, you didn't write me a letter!"

"It's been only three days, Anna." Elsa chuckled.

"Three days?! Felt like a whole week." Anna dramatically complained.

"I missed you, Anna." Elsa smiled, pinching her sister's cheek in a playful way.

"Nobody missed me, clearly."

"Ah, my favorite brother in law, Aiden!" Anna gave the fire king a side hug, ruffling his hair as she did so, "I terribly missed you too!"

"I'm your only brother in law." Aiden pouted.

"Well, the thought counts." Anna laughed, "We're having a sleep over later and you two are not slipping away that easily."

The couple shared a nervous look and nodded. As the Royal Family reunited happily in the background, Lars approached Elsa silently, "What of the Royal Cat, your majesty? Shall we show them?"

"I guess it's the best time." Elsa nervously nodded, "Rest assure, my queen, the Royal cat is strictly in its leash."

"Erm, guys," Aiden announced, "Elsa and I uh... Brought home a little friend."

"I knew you'd give in to me one day, Elsa! Oh, what breed is it? Is it a beagle? Is it a husky? Oh goodness, it has to be a labrador!" Anna giddily ranted.

"Heh.. Not exactly." Elsa replied with a squeeze of her hand on Aiden's. Aiden's eyes shutted tightly as he heard Matthias step out from the ship with a noisy sound of thin chains swinging in the air.

"BY LITTLE, YOU MEAN THAT?!"

Anna quickly ran to the back of her husband in fright, Kristoff's startled jump can be seen as Helen gruffly eyed each one of them with slitted yellow eyes.

"Holy smokes.. That doesn't look like a puppy to me." The former mountain man grimaced.

"Good kitty.. Good kitty..." Agnarr fearfully chanted, holding Iduna close as he himself backed away.

"Loosen up, your majesties, Helen's a big ball of fluff once you get to know her," Lars laughed, "She's a pretty pricey thing to keep for royalty, too. Best thing is, we got her for free!"

"Aside from the fact she is not a trading item," Aiden pointed out, "She is not an ordinary cat. She did not most definitely come from the zoo."

Anna still did not come out from Kristoff's back.

"And if she is carnivorous towards men then Elsa and I could've been bones right now— ouch! Alright, bad joke." Elsa retreated her arm from Aiden's backside with a clear of her throat, "What my lovely husband is trying to say is, she's not dangerous. I can touch her like this, see?"

Helen purred in satisfaction as the snow queen petted its head.

"I didn't know a tiger can be larger than a horse." Kristoff coughed.

As the blonde said this, the Arendellian horses snorted, bowed their heads in shame and backed away.

"She's nice, I promise. Come on Anna, you trust me, right?" Elsa smiled encouragingly.

"You better thank me I love you." Anna huffed, stepping closer to the wild cat. Matthias whistled and released his grip on the leash, thus freeing the wild cat to do what she wishes to do. Anna shot the lieutenant a very unladylike glare. Matthias feigned to be clueless at his deed.

The animal circled around the stiff princess, inhaling her scent like a normal cat would do.

And when it's the moment she least expected, Helen nuzzled her head against Anna's skirt.

"What-?"

"I told you, didn't I?" Elsa winked.

"You're a charming kitty, aren't you?" Anna smiled confidently this time, her hand going up to pet its cheek, "What's her name again?"

"Helen."

"Welcome to the family then, Helen."
____________________________________

"I swear, Anna, you're going to make my hip crack."

"But I missed you!"

"I perfectly know that, but do you have to cling on to me like this?"

"... Yeah."

"You do know you have to let go soon, I am going to feed Aurie and Chandler."

"Fine."

Anna forcefully released her death grip on her sister with a sheepish smile. Elsa gratefully smiled at her back and opened the door leading to the nursery of the twins.

Anna followed soon after, exaggerating with small tip toes to maintain the silent environment.

Elsa's smile widened once she reached the cherry wood cribs. She bent down and brought the two tiny bundles in her arms with care.

She leaned in to kiss both of the twins' heads, making sure to be as gentle as possible to not wake them up.

The two sleeping heirs squirmed in their slumber, their little mouths moving as Elsa grabbed a blanket to ensure their privacy. Soon, the twins began their feeding.

"They love you so much."

"Hm?"

"Them. The kids. Even though they are so young to feel that, I don't know. They adore you." Anna smiles.

"I can tell..."

"They both look so much like you, too. If it wasn't for Chandler's darker hair color he would have looked like a male version of you."

"I guess my blood runs strong in these little snowflakes."

"You're going to spoil them, aren't you?"

"Uh, no. But they have their daddy wrapped around their little fingers."