Chapter 15 : Silent Harmony

The night was dark and cold. Shivaay had made sure that the security was uptight this time. After dinner, he led Anika out for a stroll. He had noticed how marvelled she was ever since they had arrive at the Heritage Hotel that stood in the middle of lake in all glory. It had been a castle that the Oberois had bought from the Royal family who weren't able to maintain the palace. 

"Anika, this way." Shivaay spoke once he had signed the document and sent the employee away. She nodded walking outside through the glass doors. Anika folded her hands immediately as the winter's cold gush of wind blew against her. The shawl she had wrapped around her barely helped. 

The garden was well maintained. Dim golden lights that were running around the boundary wall that separated the lake were the only lights. Anika's lips curled up in awe. The setting was so perfect. It was as though someone had dropped her into the most iconic Bollywood sets. 

"How did they even build this?" She exclaimed in utter awe.

Shivaay smiled. "It's beautiful, isn't it? It's one of my favorite places." Anika glanced at him as he said that. Their eyes locked. She looked ahead rubbing her arms beneath the shawl. 

"You're cold?" He asked concerned.

"It's tolerable." She muttered. Her face felt cold just like her arms. She made a mental note to wear something full sleeve the next time she got out of the room. She frowned and turned to the side, to see he had stopped. She frowned when he removed his coat. Her heart missed a beat. 

He approached her holding it out, "wear this." Anika's gaze pierced into his shining blue eyes. 

"I am fine, I have this." She muttered and looked away without waiting for his response. Her heart felt warm. He cared for her. Even for the smallest things. Like he did for his brothers and family. 

"You're very stubborn." He muttered stepping closer unwrapping the shawl. She looked at him with her eyes widening a wee bit. He took away the shawl placing it over his shoulder. He held his coat near her arm. "Come on, Slip in your arm."

Anika's eyes met his. She was tantalized with those eyes. That twinkle in them. Was it love? Did he love her? He cared for her, took care of her, got angry of something happened to her. Did it all hint at love? She took a deep breath slipping her arm in. Yeah, that's why he treated you like a piece of nothing and forced you to marry him. Threatened to kill your brother. Smeared dirt on your character as much as he pleased. That's how people express love. The sarcastic, hurt person within her spoke.

She looked down. She was tired of this push and pull. Which side was she on? His side or the other side? She looked at him. He wrapped her shawl around himself. Something about it tugged at her heart. "Let's go.." he smiled.

She nodded beginning to walk again. There was this thing about him. No matter how freezing cold and hard she made herself, this thing, the one she couldn't put a name upon, melted her ice. No words were spoken, it was just the silence of the night and the whooshing of the night wind. They stood against the wall that over looked the lake. The sight of the dark waters glimmering with reflections was soothing. She felt him shift closer to her. Or she could have been wrong about it.