Chapter 2 - Smeared Fate

The resource used: Wikipedia

----------------------------------

The household had suddenly changed mood. It was the festival of Lohri. 

"" Lohri is a popular wintertime Punjabi folk festival, celebrated primarily by Sikhs and Hindus from the of the Indian subcontinent.Lohri marks the end of the winter season and is a traditional welcome of longer days and the sun's journey to the northern hemisphere.  ""

Daadi sat hoping, the Lohri will mark the end to the misunderstandings and the beginning of love and togetherness for the newlywed couple. She was disheartened by her grandson's actions but knew that if he displayed a Devil's mind he also had Angel's heart. She hoped the fire would burn the devil in him and the past. She hoped the fire's flames would bring a new light of love in Anika's life. Prayer was all she could do.

Shivaay was arranging for the papers. Ending the call he glanced at her. She was sleeping yet. His eyes traveled from her forehead to her closed eyes. No Shivaay. He reminded himself. She wasn't the Anika he knew. Her disguise was down. He walked up to where she slept and tapped her shoulder coldly.

She squinted her eyes. "Papers will be here in a while. Start packing." He delivered his message.

"Good morning Mr. Oberoi." she smiled, annoying him.

"Just stop this facade." He said angrily. Why the hell was she smiling? She saw him with a different glow in eyes. 

"What?"

"No one has hated me so much." She said amused. 

"You haven't even seen a percent of it. Thank your stars and get going before it's late." He spat hovering upon her.

She mused and stared at him. "I have seen a glimpse of your anger, Mr. Oberoi. But you haven't seen mine. You have seen my selflessness, not the selfish side. You have seen my care, not my ruthlessness. You have seen ..." she paused abruptly and then continued, "not seen my anger. "

"It won't be more than mine. And right now I am not just mad but very mad at you." He hissed.

"And I will always give you double of what you give me Shivaay, think before hurling something at me." She got up and walked to the washroom, pissed.

She came out to an empty room. She looked at herself in the mirror. She thought she looked pretty in the red graceful dress she was given. She picked up the nuptial chain and wore it around her neck. Next, she picked up the scared vermilion. Her hands trembled as she tried reaching her forehead. She gave up. She could not. She put the miniature decorative box containing the crimson-colored vermilion back. She eyed it. She could not. Could not accept this marriage. Maybe never.

She walked down and hesitantly looked around. Daadi called her and explained to her what the preparations were for. 

"Anika?" He called out, looking at the two women. She looked at him and then back at Daadi.