Chapter 32 : Stolen Moments

Early update!! Longer chapter ahead! Enjoy! :)

• • • ♡ • • •

Anika was on high alert. Even during dinner time Shivaay kept stealing glances at her. And if she caught him in the act, he gave a smile. A smiling Billuji was definitely dangerous was her sanity.

She had also noticed how he didn't seem to like Saumya's grandmother. Albeit he spoke to her, very nicely and respectfully. Anika placed the cushion in the middle of the bed making a guard wall. He was intruding too much in her personal space, she had to set some boundaries because seemingly her body welcomed his proximity instead of snapping.

There was a lot running in Shivaay's mind. Tension in the family owing to money and assets was risk to the harmony. Bade Papa seemed pretty guarded about the new company when Shivaay had casually asked him about how things were going. Shivaay had grown up in the tension between his uncle and father. He knew it was best to keep both if them happy and proceed with things. The last thing he wanted was the differences between his father and uncle to cause distance between him and his brothers. He was considering his father's idea of directing the investments to set up an Oberoi property in Kerala. 

The second issue was Rudra. Rudra and Saumya went about life as though everything was normal. Marriage was a big deal. But Rudra didn't seem to be bothered or concerned about that, which was alarming given Rudra's views on marriage and commitment. Suddenly, marriage was a fun event for him instead of a life time responsibility. Something was definitely not right. Shivaay had been taken aback when Rudra brushed off his questions about marriage and Saumya, and diverted the topic of the conversation to other things.

Finally, Anika. Shivaay had never been so anxious about anything. In a moment, he felt Anika would definitely consider giving their marriage a chance. But in the very next his mind would change about it when he'd look at her who would not even give him a proper smile.

"Shivaay!" 

Shivaay closed his eyes and turned to face Omkara. "Yes?"

"We need to get a proper wedding planner. That stupid woman is going to make a fool of our family. Did you listen to her ideas about themed wedding and wedding cards? Retro and fantasy? Seriously? I don't want people to say that artist Omkara's brother's wedding was a circus."

Shivaay sighed in exasperation. "They were just ideas, Om. No one's finalizing them. Just take a chill pill, alright? I am unable to get Rudra to actually talk about what he feels for this wedding and you are behind that little woman"

Omkara took a deep breath, "that's right too. I think we should play a Rudra trick to get him talking."

Shivaay stared at his brother pointedly, half expecting what was to come.

"Bachelor party. Get Rudra drunk and talking." Omkara elaborated.

Shivaay looked unsatisfied. "I am going to try one more time in my own way, to get him talking. If it fails then we'll go ahead with this Rudra trick!"

"Fine. Post that, we need to fire that sorry excuse of wedding planner!" Omkara muttered.

"Why are you so bothered?" Shivaay asked looking at his brother curiously.

"Because..." Omkara seemed to be groping for the best words to voice his vexation. "She is a threat to the artist in me. Her presence annoys me and her lack of common sense gets on my nerves. Don't even get me start about her weird fashion sense. She wore a bright yellow top, did you see that yellow? It would shy the sun. And worse of all paired it with pink trousers--"