Chapter 7: Crush

Here you go guys and gals!

________________________________________________________________________________

Arlo's lips met mine in a collision, although the kiss was sudden it was gentle. The opposite of Alpha Quill's. I kissed him back, my inner wolf was bouncing in excitement! He pulled away from me and I was left breathless. "Sorry about that." The alpha looked embarrassed. I groaned seeing his cheeks flush made me want him even more! Wait wait wait, I just met him! "I'm sorry I shouldn't be kissing you like that yet." I mumbled looking down at my hands. I never know what to do with them!

"Lilly do you want to tell me about your nightmare?" Arlo watched me carefully. I felt a wave of guilt wash over me, how could I tell him? "You don't have to worry I won't ever hurt you." The alpha promised. I sighed, "it was about Alpha Quill...he was chasing me...h-he was trying to mate with me." I felt the aura around my mate darken as I spoke. I was instantly crushed into his chest and held in place by his arms. "He'll never touch you again!." I let fat tears tumble down my cheeks.

I felt safe there in that strangers arms. It may be just the mate bond but for someone I knew he was trustworthy. I glanced around my room and being in sobered my fear a bit. "Do you want to try and get some more rest?" Arlo looked down at me. I shook my head no, "I won't be able to fall back asleep, I think I'll go to the kitchen and make breakfast." Arlo chuckled, "it's 3am." My mouth formed an 'O', I didn't realize how early it was. "How about we make a snack?" He offered an idea. I nodded, that would work!

We made it down to the kitchen in my old house. I remembered all the fun family dinners we had before I was taken, sweet memories made my eyes water. I walked over to the fridge and pulled it open. I felt Arlo's eyes on me but I ignored them for the most part as I rummaged through the fridge looking for my favorite snack. I finally found a tub of cottage cheese and sat it out on the counter beside the fridge. From there I found the pantry where, if I remembered right, was where we kept the chips. I had to move some things around but I eventually found a bag of unopened Doritos! I shut the pantry and walked over to the island where Arlo sat watching me with curious eyes.

"I take it you've never had Doritos and cottage cheese?" My eyes met his as I sat down on the stool across the island. "Definitely not." He chuckled. I dipped a chip into the cottage cheese and ate it whole in one bit with an exaggerated mmmm sound. As I swallowed the last of it I dipped another and offered it to the alpha. He scrunched up his nose but reluctantly he leaned forward and opened his mouth for me to feed him the chip. I blushed as my fingers lightly grazed his lips. I may have jumped a little when I felt the little tingles on my finger tips. Arlo chewed and shrugged, "it's not bad." Fair enough. I pushed the tub of cottage cheese so it sat closer to the center between us.

"Would you like to play a game of 20 questions?" The alpha across from me asked which took me by surprise. "Sure." I shrugged.

"Alright I'll go first, what do you think about having a family?" He dove right in. I nearly choked on the chip I was chewing on.

"Umm I think I want a few children." I coughed.

"What do you do for fun?" It was my turn and I was turning this game back to light questions.

"I like to hike, swim, or play video games, but I rarely get to do that now that I'm alpha, what about you?"

"I enjoy reading, writing, and drawing. I mostly draw nature scenes. Do you have any family members?"

"There's a beautiful spot up in the mountains on my territory that I think you would enjoy drawing. Oh yes I come from a very large family actually. I have three sister and six brothers. Would you like to meet them all?"