Chaprer 5: Fear

Here y'all go!

________________________________________________________________________________

Light shimmered in through the window of the room I was in. The mark on my neck refused to heal and now it was being covered in an attempt to keep it from becoming infected. I stretched, my entire body ached, no doubt due to the side effects of my unwanted mark. A soft knock got my attention, "come in!" Rachel walked into the room with a bright smile on her face. I narrowed my eyes in on her neck, "congratulations!" The mark on her neck was beautiful a black paw print with a vine wrapping around it. Rachel blushed as she handed me a donut, maple frosting with bacon bits on top, my favorite! I took the breakfast happily. "All the Alphas are here, including your parents." She looked at me carefully. I blinked letting what she said sink in.

Would they even recognize me? A large scar now marred my cheek and jaw, my hair was much longer and darker as I didn't get to go outside often. I was paler then I ever was a child. I gulped my breathing hitching in my throat. I was panicking. Rachel quickly wrapped her arms around me, "Lilly this is your chance." I nodded, this was my one shot to get out of this hell. Rachel parted from the room and I got dressed for the day, my hope is that the deranged alpha would want to show me off. That would get me out in the open and give me a chance to let my parents know it was me.

Alpha Arlo woke up and exited his room to find Alpha Quill. Something seemed off around here and he was bound to find out what. He walked down the hallway towards an office, he didn't bother knocking and just walked in. There was Ivan Quill with a red head sitting in his lap. "Uh hmm." Arlo cleared his throat making the female jump. Quill growled, annoyed the younger alpha had so rudely interrupted his toy time. The red head got off the Alpha's lap and quickly scurried out of the office keeping her head down in embarrassment. "So why did you so rudely interrupt me pup?" The older man glared. Alpha Wilder didn't back down, "you haven't greeted most of your guests, instead you left your son to do it while you run around with females like a sex crazed teen. Wouldn't the council like to hear that."

The council had their eye on Ivan Quill since his mate was killed by rogues. Many of the members thought he bounced back rather quickly for someone who had lost their mate so tragically. "Ah yes the council, they should be pleased to know I've marked another female and chosen her to be my mate." Quill looked at Arlo, giving him an "I dare you" look. Arlo's brows knitted together in confusion, the red head who had just ran out of the room had no mark on her. "She'll be at the gathering tonight beside me." Alpha Quill smiled brightly. "Be careful Quill, your new mate may be surprised to know you have another she-wolf in your office." He shot back. Ivan chuckled, "she's younger and not quite up to par in the bedroom yet." What a sick man, how could anyone do that to someone they love?! Alpha Arlo nodded taking his leave. As soon as he got the chance he would be contacting the council.

The door to the infirmary room flew open to reveal a very angry Alpha Quill, "that cocky son of a bitch." He mumbled on and on about something but his voice was to low for me to understand who or what he was talking about. He stalked over to me and grabbed me roughly. I yelped in surprise as he began kissing me sloppily. My stomach churned as usual. I hate him, I hate him so much! Mr. Crazy finally pulled away, "you're coming with me today but keep your head down." I nodded in understanding.

Arlo walked down the stairs after leaving Alpha Quill's office. He rounded a corner and ran into the Dawns. "Arlo, dear how are you?" Peony, the luna stopped him. "I'm alright, I've brought a few pack members this year, we're hoping to gain a few warriors." He nodded at the woman who should be his mother-in-law. She nodded with a small smile. Kalen cut in, "have you found anything new?" His eyes looked so hopeful, Arlo hated to crush his hope. Alpha Arlo just shook his head no, "I plan to to contact a witch coven and vampire clan after the marking ceremony and see if any of them have any information on a rouge." Kalen nodded. "Did you know that Alpha Quill has marked a new mate?" Arlo looked up to Jeremiah. Jeremiah looked surprised, "No, that's kind of odd but it has been ten years now." "Something seems off about him, I suggest keeping an eye on him." Alpha Arlo warned his peer. Jeremiah Dawn nodded in agreement.