Chapter 21

After having bandaged my arrow wound, I rolled down the leg of my pants. I was perfectly aware that, while I had been attending to my wound, both Viggo and Leafblender had been watching me. 

"You're lucky that the only thing you'll have left of the arrow is a limp." Viggo remarked, breaking the silence that I had gotten used to while tending to my wound.

"Even if it was worse, I could've handled it." Viggo smirked, leaning back in his chair. 

"I have no doubt about that, my dear." I rolled my eyes, scratching the top of Leafblender's head, just behind his vine like horns. Seeming to finally realize I was going to be fine, Leafblender laid down on the ground, closing his eyes so that he could get some rest. I slid my hand across one of his horns before sitting up straight, deciding on leaving him alone. I looked back at Viggo to see him leaning forward with his elbows on the desk, his hands clasped together in front of his face as he stared at me. 

"What?" I asked. Viggo shook his head. 

"Nothing. I just find it fascinating how well you get along with dragons." I smirked. 

"Is that such a surprise? I am a dragon rider after all." 

"While that is true, I've noticed that you have the ability of making even the wildest of dragons calm." 

"Name one time you've seen me do that." 

"That Speed Stinger from the island." I scoffed. 

"That doesn't count. He knew me." Viggo frowned. It was obvious that he had thought giving an example of a wild dragon that I had been able to tame without Hiccup's little trick would be easy. I watched him, waiting before noticing the grin forming on his face. 

"What about the Changewing you saved me from?" I stiffened, having almost forgotten about the Changewing mother that had been protecting her eggs. 

"Fine. I'll admit. You got me there." I admitted, sinking down in my seat as I crossed my arms. 

"Well?" I looked back up at Viggo to see him looking at me as if he were waiting for me to say something. 

"'Well', what?" 

"Aren't you going to tell me how you do it?" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Why would I do that?" Viggo seemed to be getting frustrated now. 

"Because I asked nicely." I rolled my eyes. 

"Oh, please. Just because you asked me nicely it doesn't mean I'll tell you. If that were the case, Snotlout and the Twins would be doing who knows what with my belongings right now." Viggo seemed slightly taken aback. I huffed, leaning my head back so that it was hanging upside down over the back of my chair. 

"Fine. I'll make you a deal." 

"I'm listening" 

"I'm sure you recall me agreeing to play a game of Maces and Talons with you." I remarked, glancing at Viggo. 

"Yes. I remember."

"Well, how about this. If you win, I'll tell you my dragon secret." Viggo seemed interested. He extended a hand out to me, smirking. 

"It's a deal then." I stood up from my seat and walked up to his desk, placing a hand on the table as I leaned forward, shaking Viggo's hand. 

"Deal." I let go of his hand and pulled up a chair, watching him as he set up the game board. I sat down, watching him. Honestly, I had no idea why I decided to make this deal. This was my first time playing Maces and Talons, so it was obvious I was going to lose.