Chapter 17

I stood in the captain's quarters of the ship, hovering over a map almost identical to the one Viggo had given to Hiccup, trying to figure out his plan. I had even drawn a line in the exact place Viggo had, hoping that would narrow it down, but it hadn't helped in the slightest. 

"Here you are." Viggo remarked, walking into the room to see me leaning over the desk, "What are you doing?" 

"I'm trying to make sense of what happened on the island, but no matter what I try, I can't figure out what you have planned for the guys." I groaned, looking up from the map. Viggo smirked, walking over to see what I was looking at. 

"Alright, you see this Island here. It's called Caldera Cay." Viggo stated, pointing to a small island that was the closest island to the line on his side of the map. I hummed in response, wondering where he was getting at. "This island has an active volcano, its lava flow being supervised by a rare dragon called the Eruptodon. The Eruptodon is worshipped by a whole village of people." 

"So... We're going to this island to collect the Eruptodon? With a whole village of people watching it, we wouldn't get very far." 

"That's just it. You see, when I gave Hiccup that map, he grew suspicious of me. Therefore, he will try to see what I am up to by going to an island on my side of the map, most likely Caldera Cay because it is closest to the line." I was starting to understand. 

"So while the occupants of the village is occupied by the riders, we'll take the Eruptodon." Viggo nodded, smiling as he watched me get excited over figuring it out. "That's remarkable, but... how do you know Hiccup and the guys will do all that?" 

"I suggest you play Maces and Talons some time, my dear. It can help with strategization when you're planning an attack." I looked up at him and smirked. 

"Is that your way of asking me to verse you in Maces and Talons when this is over?" Viggo smiled down at me, a playful look in his eyes. 

"If you are fine with it. I'd like to try versing someone who's more of a challenge." 

"Who've you been versing?!" Viggo laughed, myself joining in a few moments later. After a few minutes of laughter, we went silent, Viggo's thinking face in play. 

"I recall playing against Dagur one time." Viggo stated, sitting down in his chair, his eyes trained on me. 

"How'd that end?" I asked, turning towards him, leaning back against the desk. 

"Guess." Viggo remarked, playfully.

"I'm gonna guess that he thought he was gonna win and then you beat him at the last second." I answered. Viggo smirked, an impressed look in his eyes. 

"You're very skilled at reading in between the lines, I'll admit that." 

"I try. Now, I think I might just take you up on that Maces and Talons offer." I remarked. 

"Well then, I'm excited to witness the outcome."