Chapter 46

"Find anything, Leafblender?" I asked, looking up at my scaly companion. Leafblender hopped down from the cage he'd been perched on top of, shaking his head. 

"Nothing." I crossed my arms over my chest, glancing around in frustration. 

"We've looked pretty much everywhere. His tent, the docks, even the dragon holding area. It's almost like he disappeared." 

"Umm... Alpha..." 

"Yeah. You're right. He's gotta be somewhere on the island. Question is where?" I ranted. 

"Alpha!" Leafblender growled, smacking me upside the head with the tip of his tail. 

"Ow! What?!" I snapped, rubbing the spot where Leafblender had hit me while glaring at the acid spitter, my sleep deprivation seeping through. Leafblender turned his gaze away from me and to something else, nodding his head in that direction. I turned my attention to where he was looking, noticing that there was a dragon proof cage not too far away with its door open, the tarp that was on top of it falling off just slightly. I glanced at Leafblender with a raised eyebrow before cautiously approaching the cage. Once I reached the cage's opening, I glanced inside, surprised to find Viggo huddled in the corner of the cage like a scared little hatchling. "Viggo?" Viggo flinched at the sound of my voice before looking up, his gaze meeting my eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked, slowly making my way into the cage. Viggo watched as I sat down just a few feet away from him, my knees folded under me. 

"Y-Yeah... I just... I'm not good with... people..." 

"What?! Since when?" I asked, trying to get him in a good mood instead of his current down on his luck attitude. 

"S-Since the m-midnight sun." Viggo answered shakily, pulling his knees closer to his face. 

"Viggo..." I started, inching closer to him, "Everyone is a little different during the midnight sun." Viggo gave me a skeptical look. "It's true. The only people that don't have some how gotten sleep." 

"I... I guess y-you're right." I giggled before thinking for a moment. 

"Are you just going to stay here for the rest of the midnight sun?" Viggo looked up at me, shaking his head from side to side. 

"I won't s-stay in the same p-place for long. M-Maybe a day or two, b-but then I'll change my h-hiding p-place." I nodded, thinking some more. 

"Viggo. Do you mind if I hide with you?" Viggo looked up at me, tilting his head in confusion. "I don't want you to be alone and being with you will probably keep me from dragons which will help me a lot." As soon as I said that, Viggo tried to hide his face in his knees, but not before I noticed him blushing. It surprised me. Viggo didn't blush easily, but then again, it was the midnight sun. Not everyone's the same during the midnight sun anyway. 

"Y-Yeah... That... That sounds f-fine." With those words said our midnight sun experience together began. I sent Leafblender to Viggo's tent to get his Maces and Talons board so we could do something other than just hiding. The rest of the second week past by without much of an issue. Viggo and I played lots of matches of Maces and Talons. Sometimes I'd win, sometimes he'd win, and sometimes we'd tie. I yelled at Leafblender a few times and I got aggravated with some Terrible Terrors, but they knew it was just the midnight sun, even Viggo understood what was going on after I explained it. It was a real relief when the midnight sun ended and, of course, I apologized almost a hundred times to all the dragons I yelled at before leaving for the Edge, making sure to say goodbye to Viggo and Axel. As always, I'm glad the next midnight sun won't happen till next year.

<Hope you guys like! I think this episode was hilarious so it was good to put my own spin on it>