Just Valt

(Just Daigo and Valt hanging out. This has no plot. No clue where I was going with this.)

"Why don't you like your hair down?"

They asked each other the same exact question at the same exact time. They were laying on the grass of the training area by the lake. It was actually around 9:30pm. After a long day of training and shenanigans, everyone but Daigo and Valt left for home.

Both boys chuckled, then Valt decided to talk first.

"My Dad always made my Mom mad whenever he used up all the hair grease when I was still a baby. That's cause he wanted to start a new 'trend'. Mom said that in order to be a cool Dad, he had to look cool. And what's cooler than spikes? So he used all of the hair grease to make his hair stick up. Dad told me that Mom got so mad, she made him change all my diapers for a month! When I was a toddler I wanted to be cool too. So there ya have it!"

"You could've just said you wanted to look cool instead of telling me your entire childhood." Daigo grumbled.

"But just saying that is boring! There's no story behind it!"

"Does that matter?"

"Course it does! Now you answer."

Daigo sighed. He actually didn't know why he disliked his hair down. His Mom says his eyes really scream 'don't mess with me', and makes him look like he's strong. But they get partially covered with his bandanna anyway.

"Dunno. I just don't like it. Never had a reason."

"I think you look great with your hair down. But you still look awesome with your own style. And if ya like it how it is, then it's great!" Valt turned to face the raven haired boy. Daigo smiled and faced him too.

"Recently you've been saying some decent stuff. Did you get a new brain cell or 2?"

"I take back what I said!" The bluenette stuck out his tongue.

After a short pause, they both laughed and turned back to look up at the sky.

They spent time watching the stars, wishing they could see them up close. Daigo pointed out some constellations and Valt attempted to make up his own shapes with the stars. Time rolled by.

"Do you ever wonder what space looks like?" Daigo looked to Valt, waiting for a response.

"Not really. But it's probably filled with aliens and cool undiscovered planets! If I ever went, I'd try to make friends with some aliens. Maybe they blade in space. I'd totally challenge them and become the best blader in the GALAXY!" Valt cheered.

"Heh, of course you'd think like that. But I think space is an endless abyss. So much material and unknown chemicals waiting to be discovered. Is there an end to the abyss? Does it shine with stars or is it just darkness? An abyss full of darkness..." Daigo huffed. His edgy was showing.

"An abyss full of darkness seems kinda lame. I'd expect space to be awesome and flashy! Like Tokyo!"

"Flashy huh. I'd want to see that."

After another short silence, Valt jumped up frantically.

"Something wrong?" Daigo sat up with a questioning look on his face.

"What time is it?"

"10:52...oh boy!" Daigo jumped up as soon as he looked at the phone in his pocket.

"We gotta go! My house is closer so you can stay over if you want." Valt didn't wait for an answer and ran in the direction of his house. Ryota wasn't home anyway so Daigo decided to just go with it.

Children under the age of 18 aren't allowed outdoors from 11pm-4am in Japan. They could be taken in to the police if found outdoors!

Both boys sprinted down the street. They knew trouble would come from missing curfew.

The Aoi Bakery sign came into view. The boys rushed to the other side where the front door of the house was, and burst through the door. Good thing Chiharu kept it unlocked for Valt to come home.

"Valt! There you are! I was about to go and find you myself!" Chiharu exclaimed when an exhausted Valt stumbled into the kitchen. Daigo walked in behind him slowly, never being in Valt's house before.

"Oh, hello Daigo! What were you 2 doing that made you arrive late?"

Daigo quickly bowed an apology. "Sorry Ma'am, but I was the one that held us up by speaking for a long time."

Valt laughed and patted Daigo's shoulder. "Dude, it's ok! We both got lost in our conversation."

Chiharu smiled. "As long as you're safe. I can call your parents and let them know that you're here Daigo. You should sleep over, we won't mind."

Daigo smiled. "If it isn't too much trouble. And you don't have to call my parents. They aren't even home."

Chiharu seemed almost surprised by this. "Well make yourself at home. I've got to clean up but if you boys get hungry there's some leftovers in the fridge. Try not to wake the twins!"

"K mom!" When Chiharu left, Valt let Daigo up to his room. It was messy, but Daigo expected that from someone like him. As Valt rummaged through the closet for extra pajamas, Daigo put down his bag and took a seat on the rolling chair by the desk.

"I don't have a futon so you can take the bed. I'm fine with sleeping on the floor." Valt tossed Daigo a red t-shirt and black shorts.
"Shu stays over a lot so we always got extra stuff." Valt grabbed some extra blankets and cleared some space on the floor by kicking stuff under his bed, then put them on the floor.
"Really?" Daigo stood up and took off his sweater.
"Yep! This is like his second home. He may seem super serious all the time, but he's actually really fun to hang out with."

"Wish I could see that side of Shu."
"I'm sure you'll see it some day. By the way you can change in here. I'm gonna change in the bathroom." Valt grabbed his own pajamas and left the room, closing the door behind him. Daigo quickly changed and folded his clothes on top of his bag that he had left on the floor. Valt was still in the bathroom, so Daigo took that opportunity to get a good look at his room. His eyes trailed over to a box in the corner. He shouldn't look through people's stuff.

Is what he would say if he wasn't so curious. I mean, Valt is the type of guy you wouldn't expect to have any deep dark secrets. So if he happens to be hiding anything...

Daigo walked to the corner and looked in the box. It was filled with photos and old books. He grabbed a stack of photos, looking through to see kindergarten photos of Valt, Shu, and Xander in various places. A photo of Valt and Shu, each holding a twin when they were still babies. Almost all of the photos were of Valt, Shu, and Xander. When Daigo got to the last photo, it was a photo Daigo remembered taking himself at a trip for their grade. It was a photo of Valt and Shu, Shu being asleep and leaning on Valt's shoulder and Valt holding a black marker in one hand while the other was shaped in a peace sign. Valt had drawn all over Shu's face. Daigo let out a chuckle, remembering Shu's reaction when he woke up. As soon as he saw his reflection, he had chased Valt all the way to Valt's house. According to Valt, Shu threw a bag of flour at him and got scolded by Chiharu for the first time ever when Valt dodged it and it landed right in her face.

The bedroom door opened and Valt walked in. Daigo jumped and turned around.

"I dunno about you but I'm tired." Valt didn't mention Daigo looking through his stuff and after throwing his dirty clothes in his hamper and taking off his headband, he flopped onto his bed and fell asleep. He must've forgotten that he said Daigo could take the bed. Not that Daigo minded.

"Heh, weird kid." Daigo put the photos back and went to turn off the lights. He laid on the blankets on the floor and took of his bandanna and beads, then fell asleep.