#6: Unknown Person

Start from the beginning

Eleanor sat opposite Xylan. "I will not talk. I will just be like the wind here... So..", Eleanor stuttered. She might get thrown from the balcony anytime if she says something stupid. "Suit yourself", Xylan closed his eyes.

The first time, I saw him. He was sleeping under the huge tree outside the Palace. It was near the fountain. He was so beautiful to look at and I wanted to lie next to him.

Eleanor remembered what she read inside the diary.

For a pretty lad such as this, there's no question that girls would be swooning over him

For a pretty lad such as this, there's no question that girls would be swooning over him. Should I sleep as well?

After some time, Eleanor felt something on her foot. She looked down and saw that Xylan was about to step on her foot. "The ball is done", Xylan informed and stood up.

Was he trying to wake me up by stepping into my foot?!

"And also, refrain from getting close to me. If possible, don't repeat the same mistake you did last year", Xylan held unto the knob.

There's no way Eleanor could have staged that. It is so clear that she loved this guy.

How am I supposed to tell him? Eleanor loved you. That's weird... like I'm in her body right now so...

"There's no way that I am the one behind that incident", Eleanor stood up. "Now here you are. I can finally see your usual self coming back to life", Xylan looked back at her with a smirk on his face. "Are you going to blame someone else again?", Xylan stepped forward to give a scare to Eleanor.

She loved you!
"I loved you!", Eleanor flushed.

The door opened and Keane just entered so he heard everything.

Eleanor face-palmed.

"That's why there's no way that I did that", she covered her face and ran away from the two.

Varian's Mansion
Eleanor's Room

Why am I such an idiot in this place?! I can't wait to wake up.

It's not like I'm gonna stay here for a little more.

"Oliver told me that you were rushing to enter your room. How was the ball?", Charles entered and closed the door behind them.

I can't tell him that I only slept on the balcony with the prince.

"It was amazing. The Prince gave me a gift", Eleanor smiled. Charles paused for a while. "Was I not allowed to receive such a gift? I will return it to Prince Keane tomorrow", Eleanor panicked. Charles held her hand. "I was just worried that they would treat you like an outcast. I see. You are already growing up, Ellie", Charles messed with her hair.

Right. I can't tell him that I was only talked to a white-head lad and the princes. 

Come to think of it, I never got the name of that person. 

A few days later...
Library

"I'm so glad that you spend most of your time here but don't you have other things to do?", Gilbert asked.

"Like what?", Eleanor flipped to the next page.

"Girls around your age would love to go around the town. Buy dress or accessories", Gilbert pointed at his chin. Eleanor chuckled.

"I wish I could also do that; roaming around the town. It's just that it seems that no one wants to go with me", Eleanor gave an innocent smile. Gilbert cleared his throat. Of course, she was a brat before and no one can stand her demands.

Eleanor didn't read the rest of the diary because she knew it was a private matter. She just passed through a girl's name.

"Gil, do you know someone with the name Claudia?", Eleanor asked. Gilbert furrowed his brow. There are so many people in the nobility so he wasn't sure.

"Pardon my intrusion. We received a letter from the House of Sailine. It is for the lady", Mari informed. Eleanor stood and met Mari halfway through the library. "This is the first letter I received ever since I went to a deep sleep", she nervously chuckled.

That was close.

She used Gilbert's letter knife and happily opened the letter.

Dear Lady Eleanor,

I am writing this letter to ask about your wellness. I hope you are well but I have a request. Please don't bother me anymore.

Claudia Amber Sailine

She turned into stone. Her first letter seems to bring some breakup news.

"Mari. My mind is still clouded. Who is Claudia?", Eleanor asked. "She's the youngest daughter from the House of Sailine. You usually ask her to visit the house and play tricks on her. You enjoy making her life miserable", Mari answered.

"Ahk! Are there anyways for you to rephrase that?", Eleanor whined.

Mari held onto her chest. She thought that the young lady would break into tantrums and throw books at her. She just whined and looked so guilty.

Chapter end.