#4: Tutor's Dilemma

En başından başla

Charles's eyes widened when he saw Eleanor's serious eyes while reading the books. She raised her hand and asked Gilbert about something.

He heard someone laughing. "Did you give her a scare? She seems to be genuinely doing her best now", Oliver asked. "I'm not sure. She must have hit her head so much but think I also want to watch this version of her", Charles smiled.

Afternoon

"Milady, you have to take your meal", Gilbert looked at his clock watch. "Your clock watch is different than mine", Eleanor noticed. "Would you like to have it?", Gilbert asked. "No. It seems so precious for you", the lady shook her head.

"I'll be back after eating. How about you, teacher? Aren't you going to eat with me?", Eleanor asked. "Teach...", Gilbert had teary eyes. "Thank you for attending your class, Milady. After my task was done for the crown prince, I thought I would be done for life", Gilbert chuckled. "You're a great teacher, Gilbert. That's why I will be attending your classes", Eleanor assured and left the library.

"She doesn't seem what the rumor tells", Gilbert smiled.

Dining Hall

Eleanor was eating alone at a huge table. She looked around and saw the chef and maid peeking. She flinched and pretended not to see them.

This cheeky lady threw their food as if it was trash.

Eleanor ate a lot and saw the chef and maids feeling satisfied l. She smiled and left the dining hall.

I wonder if she had always eaten alone in that huge hall.

"Lady Eleanor. Did you finish your meal?", Mari asked. Eleanor nodded and held Mari's hand. "Mari, can we request my tutor eat with me during the mid-day meal? It feels lonely eating alone. Please", Eleanor gave puppy eyes. Mari cleared her throat. "I will talk about it with your father", Mari answered. "Mari. You're the Head maid, right? Why is it that you bathe me every day if you can ask the rest of the maids to do it?", Eleanor lets go of her hand. "Do you dislike it, my lady?", Mari looked at her eyes. "It's not like that. I mean, there are other easier tasks. You're getting older Mari. If the maids don't want to help me in my bath, I can do it alone", Eleanor said confidently. 

I'm actually embarrassed having someone scrub my back and see me naked every day

"I bathed your father when he was young. I was entrusted such a great duty by the house Silverstone and that is an honor for me. That's why, even if the other maids don't want to do tasks for you, I am still willing to do so", Mari explained. Eleanor hugged her. "Thank you. I know this brat is difficult to handle so thanks for sticking around. It might have been lonely without you", Eleanor slightly chuckled.

She gently pushed Mari away. "Time for class", she said and then ran away. Some of the maids saw what Eleanor did and were looking at each other.

Next few days...
Charles' Room

There was a surprised look at Charles's face

There was a surprised look at Charles's face. "Yes, Duke. Your daughter was able to score at par with the Crown Prince. I have her paper with me", Gilbert gave the test paper.

"Geography, Politics, Math, and Language. She was able to answer them properly without my help", Gilbert said with a proud tone. It's not like he taught her for a long time. It was just a week.

"How was she? Did she faint? Did you make her study until midnight?", Charles was worried. "Your daughter is fine. I can call her for you, Duke", Gilbert volunteered. "No need. I'll visit her in her room this night. I have to discuss some issues with the Emperor today. His son is nearly in his coming of age", Charles sighed. "Are you worried because he might not pick Eleanor to be the Empress? She's four years behind", Gilbert stated the fact. "It's not that. The Emperor is asking me to be the Commander of the First Squad. If I do that, I'll be spending less time with Ellie", Charles shook his head in disagreement.

"The lady had changed a lot. If you're worried that she'll be causing trouble, I don't think that she's capable of doing that now", Gilbert assured.

"What if her memories return, it'll be such a pain if I am the Royal Commander and my daughter ends up being the Empress. She'll be more powerful than me if that time comes", Charles just laughed. 

"I now understand where the lady got her rumored prideful behaviors", Gilbert chuckled.

Chapter end