Thor x Reader

After a few months in Asgard, everything was finally back to normal in the kingdom. Thor was ready to go back to Jane and be on Midgard once more, that was until Heimdall stopped him stating this, "Be careful going back, you will find something very unpleasant" All Thor did was nod at the warning from the gatekeeper, ready to be reunited with his 'love' once more.

Finally landing on Midgard, he decided to surprise Jane with flowers from his surprise return. What he found when he arrived at her home completely broke him.

Jane had been cheating on Thor, every time he would leave for Asgard, she left for someone else. Only this time she had been caught by the one person she never thought would catch her

Immediately, Thor left, swinging mjolnir to the avengers tower only to be greeted by another surprise.

There was a new person sitting on the couch reading a novel. Everyone was notified by Thor's arrival, Tony was the first one to greet him.

"Point break, good to see you again. (Y/n) this is the infamous god of lightning that lives in Asgard" Steve nudged her shoulder, gaining the female's attention. (Y/n) looked up and smiled at the brooding god, going back immediately to her novel

"(Y/n)'s a bookworm, so what brings you here Thor" Steve asked the other.

Thor sighed as he walked into the giant tower, "I will be residing here until Asgard needs me once more. I will be in my chamber if anything important arrives" With that said, he walked to the metal box and disappeared

Days passed, and yet it seemed as if (Y/n) and Thor hated each other. Whenever one entered the same room as the other, they would leave immediately. What was unknown to everyone, both said people developed crushes on the other.

(Y/n) occasionally tried to talk to Thor, but that just made the crush on him worse. SHe didn't want to try to make a move on him just after he had to deal with Jane who still occasionally tried to call him.

Thor just decided to try to ignore (Y/n). After just seeing her sitting so peacefully reading her book with Steve next to her, being able to make her laugh by whispering something only she could her; it was obvious that the pair were together with how close they acted. He didn't want to do anything if she was already in a relationship with another, so instead he just tried his hardest to ignore her and the feeling he got every time she came around or spoke.

But how could he, every time he even looked at (y/n) his heart did flips in his chest, seeing her messy hair in the mornings, the adorable giggles she let out anytime someone did something stupid i.e Clint messing with Nat and then getting hurt. Even seeing her train, it was like watching a goddess.

Eventually everyone else in the tower got annoyed with how they acted, to seemingly hate each other for no reason. It was childish really, and yet they still acted as if the other was the plague

So they did what any sensible person did, Stark forced the pair into a room that locked them in there until they talked to each other

(Y/n) was just trying to get food from the kitchen when all of a sudden she's being forced into a room by Steve. A few seconds later, Thor appears in the same manner, against his will.

The pair looked at each other, with 'hatred'. It was silent until a voice from the ceiling spoke, "Listen up you two. We're getting sick and tired of you two ignoring the other, so until you two start talking you'll be locked in there"

(Y/n) just sighed at Stark's antics and sat against a wall playing with a tennis ball she randomly had with her.

Thor sat across from her, slowly the two began playing catch, tossing the ball back and forth.

"Do you wanna speak first or should I" (Y/n) interrupted the small game of catch, Thor giving her a puzzled look, "C'mon big guy, the reason we're here in the first place is because we apparently "hate each other" so let's talk and get the hell out of here"

Thor sighed, looking at her, "I don't hate you, I -uh- quite like you in fact. But you are with the star spangled man, so I chose to try to ignore you-"

"Whoa hold up, you think me and Steve are together" (y/n) snickered, "Me and him are like siblings. There's no way in hell I would date my brother"

Thor looked up with slight hope in his eyes, "Does that mean-" "Yes,I am single and yes you can try to make a move"

Thor slowly moved towards her, "So we don't hate each other?" (y/n) shook her head, "Does that mean I can do this?" Gently Thor grasped her face as he kissed her, making the other smile slightly

Sadly, air is a thing people need. "You are always welcome to do that"

What was unknown to the two in the room was that the door was never really locked.. all it really took was a little push, literally.